Part Sixteen

A/N: WOOP WOOP! I did it! xD **Fan number 22 everyone!** So this is a relugarly sized part I think, not as short as the last two :p Um, I'm still currently working on the map for the dungeon, but it's coming along nicely and I should be able to finish it in a few days time if I remember :p I'm very forgetful xD This part and the last part should be dedicated to fans, and I'll do so once I figure out where my paper with my lucky numbers on it are xD Also, tell me what you think of my dungeon/action writing style, I want to know how I can improve! You might be able to tell that this isn't my usual area of expertise, and you should help me by shooting me a comment, or you might not be able to, and if you can't then I'd be shocked :p Oh and don't forget to VOTE xD Love you guys - B <3

p.s. I accidentally lied in my last message to all fans :p we've been through part FIFTEEN not fourteen :p i forgot to count my double part for 2 & 3 xD anyways, hope you enjoy! xoxo ^.^

__________ almost forgot the story part -.- ___________

Part Sixteen

He felt a little ridiculous for not noticing the room before hand after he saw it. He should have noticed it from the sound, the loud whooshing, the metallic shrill sound of metal swiping across metal, the crackling of fire as it burned, the whispers of something seething on the floor; he heard it all but noticed nothing.

The whooshing sound came from enormous blades as they swung left and right, the metallic sound came from their blades swiping across metal sheets on the floor. There were two fires, each surrounding something on a platform; one that was just to his right surrounded a button, and the other, also to his right but further down the room, surrounded a wooded chest. The whispers came from a purple gas that rolled on and over itself, moving almost as if it was alive.

Don't go near that stuff, Link. It's harmless to you now, but if it were to touch your skin it will burn, painfully. It's been known to be left as an obstacle in certain places that leave some so close to the point of death that they don't make it out alive. Just be careful.

Link nodded as he observed the more basic structure of the room. He stood safely above the purple gas, on a platform that created a walkway that spanned almost the entire length of the room. The path only branched off at one point, about two-thirds of the way down, and lead to an unlocked door, but the path was blocked by shiny metal spikes that aimed up and to the right and left. Opposite that path were four single, square platforms, three lined up horizontally, and one lined up vertically from the corner, which held the chest guarded by fire. They were each within jumping distance.

Wooden chests are important. They could hold something, a clue, a key, something to help you. It's essential that you get to them and get what's inside.

He nodded as he kept looking around.

At the end of the original path was a relatively unguarded button, were in not for the six deadly blades swinging from the ceiling. It was his only choice, either own up to the challenge, or turn around and give up, and he refused to give up.

The first was easy; a simple step at the right time and he was past it. The second and third looked a little more difficult. They were placed so close to each other that there was barely a fingers width of air between them, and they swung opposite the other, barely leaving enough room for a regularly sized person to fit through when they reached their highest point on either side.

He knew the timing would have to be perfect, and he would have to be fast - faster than he even knew himself capable of. It was a risk but, with a little more effort on his part, he was willing to try.

He took a couple of steps back, moved into a position that readied him to push off the ground, and he watched, observing the speed, calculating the perfect time to start, calculating just how long it would take him to reach the opening.

Within seconds he was ready. He took the time to watch three swings to make sure he was correct with his timing, and then he made a dash for it. For a moment, everything seemed to move in slow motion, the blades were at midpoint in the air swinging upwards, he heard the steady thump, thump, thump as he boots hit the ground, he was only close enough to touch the blades, and they were already descending.

He pushed off the ground with as much force as he could muster, and he dove. He hit the ground inches in front of the blades, and he rolled instantly. For one painful moment, he watched as one of the blades swung straight for his head and he thought for a second that he wasn't going to make it.

He rolled to a stop in a kneeling position, his fists on the ground to steady him, and he looked up in time to see the blade moving toward him.

Shink!

He could only watch as the blade came within a fraction of an inch of his arm and sliced a piece of his tunic's sleeve clean off.

He breathed a heavy sigh of relief. He'd made it.

With a light heart of victory carrying him on, he stood, turning to face the next set of blades. This one was composed of three of the menacing blades, swinging as if they were following each other.

Link was able to determine the right timing far more quickly this time, using his previous knowledge. He set himself up, waited three swing for the exact moment, and then took off, the experience much the same as the one before, though this time he came out unscathed, skidding to a halt meters away from the blades, coming an inch to the end of the platform pathway, facing the direction he came.

He righted himself, and then looked down at the rustic copper-brown button set on the ground. It had another of those three triangles on it, this one black, making him wonder again what it was.

Again, he dismissed the thought as he stepped on the button. He looked up to see what it did, surveying each part of the room. Immediately, his attention was brought to the platform next to the door he'd come through. The fire was gone.

And then another thing. The blades constant movement was slowing down, until they stopped completely, frozen in mid air. A noise emanated, echoing off the walls, and through the room. It sounded like a clock.

Then he understood. He had a time limit. Luckily, he figured it out before too many seconds were wasted, and then he took off, weaving and ducking through and under the blades as quickly as he could. When he made it to the door, the ticking of the clock increased in speed, signaling that he was almost out of time.

He leaped across the void and landed on the platform, both feet planted firmly on the button.

Three things happened at once. First, the blades started moving again. Second, the flames around the wooden chest died down. Third, the spikes guarding the door lowered. He'd done it.

Or so he thought. After a few seconds delay, the clock sound started again, and he started moving without thinking.

He ran at the first blade, ducking underneath a side of it as it passed, and kept running. The second set was just starting to open up as he got to them, and he leaped through the air and through the space between them, landing on his feet.

His original plan was to bolt for the door, but then he remembered to wisps words about the wooden chests. It's essential that you get to them and get what's inside.

He changed his course before he even got to the door, leaping over the void space between platforms until he reached the chest. He hauled the top open and grabbed the small item inside without looking at it, and he turned and dashed back to the main platform, the fast ticking clock ringing in his ears, as he neared the spikes. The clock sound ended with a low dead sound, and the spikes rose, missing him by the skin of his teeth.

He panted as he looked at the thing in his hand. It was an old brown paper, rolled up into a scroll shape. He opened it up, and flipped through the four sheets of paper. It was a map.

_____

VOTE! xD