Chapter 1

Chapter 1- New brother

I was walking around the border doing patrol with Travis(son of Hermes). We heard a scream and I told Travis go blow the conch as I ran in that direction. A boy, probably around my age, was running from a pack of hellhounds. I ran and slashed through them. One of the hellhounds scratched my arm, right on my SPQR tattoo. I ignored it and stabbed it right between the eyes when Travis showed up again. He saw me checking my wound and watched me approach the new kid.

"What's your name?" I asked gently, just in case he was in shock of the whole thing. He scowled.

"I had that under control." He snapped.

"No you were hiding, dude. But come on. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood." I heard Chiron's hooves beating against the forest, apparently so did the boy. I was shoved down and he grabbed Riptide out of my hand. Connor stepped forward when Chiron showed up.

"Percy. Who's this?"

"I'm Jonathan Lazilo. I just killed those mutts while he just stood there afraid." Both Travis and I frowned.

"That's not true! You were over there while I killed them." Travis agreed with me. Chiron looked disappointed.

"You shouldn't take credit for other demigods kills, and Travis just because he's your friend means you agree with him."

Travis protested but was cut off with Chiron talking to the new kid. Riptide flashed from his hand back to my pocket. I smirked as he look for the sword. I walked over to the beach ignoring the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

--dinner--

I sat alone at the Poseidon table as usual. Camp Jupiter was over and were talking with the gods.

Ever since Gaia was defeated they started hanging with us. It was great.

Gasps were heard throughout the pavilion. Great.

Jonathan was sitting with a trident glowing above his head. A blue-green aura surrounding him. The blessing of Poseidon.

"Jonathan Lazilo, Son of Poseidon, God of the seas." They all kneeled except for me and the gods.

"Percy bow." Chiron said. I refused and  just walked away when tears started to come out of my new brothers eyes. I heard angry remarks to me hurting his feelings but I ignored them.

My life is going to be hell.