Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Betrayed

A month later

Jonathan has been making my life hell ever since he got here. He has been spreading lies about me and now the camp treats him like he's the one who's been in the last two wars and they've been treating me like a traitor. The only friends I've got now are Annabeth and Nico.

I walked up to Olympus and to Athena.

"I would like for your permission to marry your daughter." Athena scowled at me.

"Very well, but first you must be deemed worthy."

--Another month later--

I grabbed the golden apples and put them in a sac. I quickly carried them to Athena and she flashed us out. I collapsed.

"You are worthy enough to marry my daughter." she said with respect and pride. She handed me a box. "Just how you wanted it, Hephaestus made it with the finest craftsmanship." I was flashed back to Camp-Half Blood to see it deserted. Cheering was heard near the beach. I walked over to see the campers crowding around My brother and some blonde.

They kissed passionately and I saw her face. Athena appeared right there because she knew I was going to propose to Annabeth when I could find her. The other gods appeared too, but not for me. They cheered on Annabeth and Jonathan. My blood boiled.

"What the Tartarus is going on!" Everyone gasped at my use of words and at the sight of me. "I leave for a month and you guys forget about me!"

"You're a traitor!" I heard a yell from the crowd. Shouts of agreements were heard.

"Why don't you admit you were cheating on Annabeth?" Jonathan said smirking.

"What!" Athena and I yelled.

"I mean what else would you be doing for a month besides sleeping with somebody or planning a betrayal." I was met with glares from everybody besides Athena, Aphrodite, Hestia, Hephaestus, Hades, and Nico.

"Why were you betraying us?" My father roared. His face red with anger.

"I've been with Athena this entire month! I was..."

"That's low. Sleeping with you ex-girlfriends mother." Jonathan said again.

Athena stomped over to him and slapped him across the face, sending him sprawling. I laughed.

"I was with Athena, doing the 12 labors of Hercules for this." I threw the box down on the floor indent of Annabeth. Her eyes widened as she opened it and tears sprung from her eyes. "Hephaestus made it."

"Percy I'm so sor!"

"Save it for somebody who cares!" I snapped. I went to the cabin and made a quick note. I grabbed my shield, sword, and a bag full of clothes, drachmas, and mortal cash. I whistled for Blackjack and he came.

What up boss?

Don't call me boss Blackjack. How many times do I have to tell you.

He paused. I don't know boss.

Take me to my mothers apartment.

You got it boss. Can we get some donuts after?

I sighed but got on him. We reached moms apartment almost immediately. I heard screams and I dashed inside the building and smashed the door down. Tears pooled into my eyes.

"Perseus Jackson." The figure spat, eyes golden. Eidolons. My mom and Paul tied back to back and I headed my baby sister crying in her room.

"You'll be okay sweetheart." My mom whispered out as the eidolon stabbed her straight through the hers and Paul's heart.

A strangled scream filled the air and then the room was covered with golden dust. The body fell to the floor. Why was it still there? Why do I care?

I crawled over to my family. I closed my mothers eyes and then stroked her face as I heard footsteps.

Gasps filled the room. Hestia, Hades, Artemis, Aphrodite, Hera, and Nico were standing at the doorway.

"Get away." They walked to me. "I SAID GET AWAY!" This time I raised Riptide higher. I stood and stagger to my old room, my sister was wailing in her crib. I picked her up and she calmed a bit. I sat in the chair singing a lullaby my mom used to sing to me. I want her to have something of hers. And I want her to have something of mine. When she fell asleep I walked over to Artemis and handed her over.

"This is my little sister Lily." They looked at me as if expecting me to explain.

"Artemis, I want you to take her." She started to protest but continued. "I need to know she will be safe, and I trust you and the hunters. My parents are dead and I can't take care of her. Please."

"I'll take her Perseus." I didn't correct her on my name. What's the point? They never listen. I took off my camp necklace and walked to my mother. I took hers and Paul's wedding rings and added them to it. I put it around Lily's neck.

"What about you Percy?" Nico asked, concerned.

"I need to disappear. They need to think that I'm dead, but still have hope." It was cruel but they need to feel my pain. They just nodded.

"Wait!" Hestia almost shouted. She blushed. "I would like for you to become my champion."

Wow! That's a big deal. Her first champion. I bowed.

"I would be honored." Hestia pulled me into a hug an a warmth filled me.

"You now have control over fire, are immune to it, sense feelings, and can make any meal appear. Other powers may appear because you are my first champion, I am actually unaware of what you can do with my power. You're just going to have to experiment." The rest of them lined up to give me their blessings.

Hades gave me the ability to shadow travel. Artemis wasn't sure what she gave me. She's never blessed a demigod before, but she said I will be able to talk to animals, never get lost in the wild, be able to shoot with a bow, and many more things that will soon show. Hera gave me twin swords made of staigin iron, imperial gold, and celestial bronze. I was given a holder for both.

But the look on Aphrodite's face made me bolt. A pink aura surrounded me and I closed my eyes so I wouldn't be blinded. When I opened them the goddesses were either blushing or drooling.

She handed me a mirror and I almost gasped. I was five inches taller, tanner, and more muscular.

"You can also charmspeak." she added.

I looked at the ring of people. They were all I had left of this life.

"Thank you. I owe you my life for this."

"It is we who owe you our lives. You have saved Olympus many times over and you are treated like this. It is not fair." Hestia said back.

I said goodbye to all of them and shadow traveled to Alaska. The land beyond the gods.