Chapter 22

*While Thalia is arguing with Artemis and Phoebe*

Percy's POV

I took my daughter out of Leah's arms. They pack up our tents and we moved camp.

"Is she really your mate?" I was starting to doubt if Thalia really was her mate. There are four signs of knowing your mate. The first is the eyes, they will hold your attention like flowers does to bees. It is also the one of the most effective way to calm an angry wolf. The second is the touch. Dim sparks mean that the person is a potential mate. But if they feel like a shock or fireworks then they're definitely your mate. The last two things are their voice and smell. Both will calm an angry wolf. They will sound and smell like the best thing on earth.

If a mate looks in the eyes, touches the wolf, and let them take in your scent the wolf is a goner.

"Every sign points to yes dad." My heart swelled when she called me dad. She didn't do it very often when Miley was alive. "Touch, smell, eyes, and voice. They're all doing what you said they were."

"Go to sleep honey." Our tent was already set up. As usual they were enchanted to be bigger on the inside. We don't like confined spaces, obviously. An hour after Avery fell asleep I ordered Snow to go back to our previous campsite, saying someone was going to be there. After another couple hours I heard somebody walking in.

Thalia's POV

After my little tantrum at Artemis I sprinted over to Percy's camp. But when I got there it was gone. I sat there for a couple hours before I heard the trees rustling around me. The female wolf dropped down in front of me in her human form.

"He said you were going to come. Follow me." She started jogging in one direction. I ran after her, confused at what she said.

How did Percy know I was coming? After a couple minutes we entered a clearing that had tents. She pointed to the farthest one.

"He's over there." She walked over to what I assume was he tent. I walked over and opened the flap. I expected some small camping tent, not some place that looked like an Indian style mansion. I walked around in awe at the room. A soft voice fluttered in the air.

"Someday everything will be okay. There will be peace. No fighting." I followed the voice to an open room. Percy was laying down and Avery was curled up against him. Avery was asleep. "There will be peace in the future Thalia." I stepped back. I though he was talking to her.

"I wanted to apologize for the hunt." He sighed.

"You tried to stop them Thals. You have nothing to apologize for." I looked down, not meeting his gaze.

"Actually we do have something to apologize for." Joy walked into the room. "We never meant for anything to happen, but we couldn't disobey Lady Artemis."

His eyes narrowed down at us. He untangled himself from Avery and motioned for us to follow him. We all sat down in the center of the room.

I started to explain to him about my sisters plans. He grew angry. His eyes blazed with fire. Literally. Flames danced around his eyes. He didn't attack us like I thought he would. He let us finish. He calmed down a bit when we told him that we didn't know about the recent test of honesty.

"Thank you for telling me about this." He spoke to us formally. "But I can do nothing right now because of my oath. But I want to know why you chose to come, risking a punishment."

"You're my brother." We both said at once. He glanced at the both of us. Then he focused on me.

"I believe you, but there is another reason for you." Understanding showed on Joy's face. "It's an instinct that you will understand soon." He smirked, looking like his old self. The other werewolves walked in with Daniel and the demigods. They all grinned.