Chapter 20

Avery's POV

She spoke to me. Inside I was jumping up and down and screaming with joy. Her gaze is always Percy though. After he introduced us she only paid attention to him and Daniel. Why can't she look at me!

Percy looked at me and gave me a sad smile. His eyes telling me that she'll come soon. He turned to Leah and asked for an update.

"Pack is fine and there's gonna be a little surprise the next time we see them." He said with a grin. Thalia looked at her curiously.

"You meet with them everyday?"

"We speak with them everyday." Percy pointed to his head. "Pack. Anyways Thalia, speak with the pack other than me.

I told Snow and Leah to act hostile to her so she could go to you. Percy said through the pack link.

Snow took the baby from Thalia and Leah just glared at her. It was her wolf glare. Percy taught us to scare off any mortal that messed with us.

Thalia shuddered before looking at me. I gave her a gentle smile and she returned it.

"So your Percy's friend? Nothing more?" What? I though we already went through that.

"I'm his daughter. My girlfriend was killed a while days ago, she was Percy's daughter."

"Oh." She looked down. Guilt flashed on her face, but it was gone almost immediately. "I'm sorry."

There was silence. The rest had walked away. "It's okay. We weren't working out anymore. Turns out that she was my false mate. That happens to about 1/10 of werewolves." I looked at her face. There was a bright smile on it and her eyes flashed with mischief. She was flawless. "I'm just waiting for the right person to come now." The smile grew.

"That's sweet." We sat down on a rock. I felt eyes on us, but was unsure on who's they were. "I joined the hunters so I wouldn't be the"

"Child of the prophecy. I know. Percy told us everything before he joined us."

"How did he turn?" Curiosity all over her face. "The Iris message didn't  showed much about that."

"I wasn't with them at the time. Percy had found a lot of the pack after he became king. I heard that we were following him. Lycaon  was keeping tabs on him ever since the giant war. He was fierce, loyal, a good fighter. He had the traits to be a strong alpha. I was told that we watched him get rejected by the camp. He would do anything for you guys but you had no trust in him. You believed he was unfaithful, a traitor. Everything that he wasn't. We followed him to Alaska but he left soon after that. We went after him. He actually killed one of us before Lycaon bit him. He offered a family and Percy took it."

"How was he after he ran?"

"Depressed. He helped rescue demigods and children in his spare time. Not long after he became King of the wolves he found Daniel and Miley. They eventually found me and Alisha.  And we continued to rescue demigods and take maidens to the hunters. Many found their mates throughout the years because of all the traveling. The pack keeps growing and growing. He kept us busy and it felt nice to have a father figure." With each bit of information I gave Thalia relaxed.

"I'm just glad he wasn't alone." I rested my head on her shoulder. She went stiff before forcing herself to relax again. Her skin was soft. I let my eyes drop down.

~~~Thalia's POV~~~

Her body went limp against me. Did she fall asleep? I snapped my fingers next to her ears. Her ears twitched, but she did not wake. She was nice. She was very trusting to new people. She was really sweet.

Gods why do I have todo this to her? Why couldn't it be Percy? Avery was just too fragile. Her eyes were full of hope and pain when I first saw her. They looked scared, haunted, maybe even shattered. But they started to glow with happiness throughout the past few days.

I don't want to be the person to break her. She was beautiful. I moved some of her hair out of her face. Small scars covered her arms, legs, and face. "What in the name of"

"She was abused when she was little." Percy interrupted. "She cut her arms and when she didn't have enough room she cut her thighs and moved lower."

"She looks fragile."

"She is. She had a very big heart and cares very deeply for others. She's compassionate. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing. She hates when people die or when they get hurt because of something she did, also when people just leave others. And if you mention anything about hitting or punching she will just lose it. Raise a hand towards her she'll flinch. Say that was a good kick or a good hit than she think of the past. See a wrestling match than she'll get a flashback." He continued to tell me about her. "She is a great fighter but focused on healing in my pack. She only hunts down monsters, but she will lose her mind if we rescue an abused child."

Everything he told me was stored in my head. I don't want to do this anymore.

Avery is just going to get hurt along with Percy.

"I must go. Lady Artemis is expecting me." I  laid Avery's head on Percy's lap and ran over to Lady Artemis's tent. After closing the flaps I told her everything I knew. I told her of his turning, some of his pack, his dead children, and Avery's weaknesses. My chest started to burn as I explained Avery's past.

"So he keeps abused children?" She asked.

"He rescues them and gives the a home."

"A home with mutts."

"Lady Artemis I believe that the lycanthrope are not going to harm any demigods or go against the gods anymore. They just want to live their lives." She inspected my face. "If try wanted to go against us then they wouldn't have opened up to me."

"They could have told you lies."

"Percy wouldn't lie! Especially about his families past." I snapped. My half sister was surprised at my outburst.

"We will see. He is a werewolf. He is not the same."

"M'lady why are you so sure? This is Percy we're talking about. His reaction when we first captured him was defensive. He didn't attack any of us. He's the strongest demigod in the world. He probably could have killed half the hunt easily."

"He's just different."

"It's been years, sister. Of course he's different." I gave her a hug before walking our of the tent.