Chapter 14

Percy's POV

We were literally almost jumping due to our nerves. We are waiting at the end of camp. Daniel was fast asleep in Snow's arms and Leah was in front of them protectively. I was standing in front of Avery the same way.

Finally the hunters showed up. They stared shooting at us immediately. We dodged them all.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire!" Artemis's yelled. "Perseus what are they doing here!" She almost spat out at me.

"These are some of my family. Snow, Leah, Avery, and little Daniel." I answered calmly, but her attitude was staring to anger me.

"M'lady." Thalia started. "They can't do any harm if they swear." She looked at us pleadingly.

"We swear on the River Styx not to harm any hunter." My pack said one by one. The hunters relaxed noticeably.

"Who's the baby?" A hunter asked. I looked at her for a few moments and her past hit me. I cringed as I saw it. She was abused mentally, physically, and sexually. She joined the hunt around the time I'd left. I can't really control it, which is why I normally don't look people in the eyes.

But the step-father who had abused her looked familiar. He looked sorta like Smelly Gabe.

Oh gods! I thought she was kidding! I killed her before she was able to bring him back.

"For your information Joy, he is my grandson, Daniel." They all tensed as I said her name.

"How do you know my name!" She demanded, even though she was shaking like a leaf.

I showed my arms to them. They stared at the marks of my patrons, but we're most surprised by Artemis's.

"Hera's blessing lets me go through people's memories. But I haven't learned how to control it. I've been trying but I don't really know how to do it. It took me years to master the powers I was born with, and I can't really figure out how to control Hera's or Aphrodite." I was shot immediately. I caught the arrow and threw it to her feet. "Can I at least go five minutes without getting shot at!"

" You looked through my memories!" Her voice was broken as she said that. It came to her all at once.

"I can show you all my memories. I'll show you all when we eat." I paused. "I'm sorry, Joy."

I took Daniel and walked over to the edge of camp where a big bolder sat. Singing a Greek lullaby, Daniel quickly fell asleep.

I looked at the stars. Zoe's constellation was faint. I looked all around her, spotting other Greek heroes and monsters. They all looked the same since they were all together, but one stood out. It was right next to Zoe. My half brother. Orion(aka The Hunter). Artemis killed him, tricked by Apollo. At least according to the stories. But if Artemis killed him with no regret afterwards then he must have done something wrong.

I went back with Daniel summoning a deer. I snapped its neck so it's death would be painless. After skinning it I put it above the fire. Then I summoned another deer for the hunting wolves. After saying their thanks they raced after it, tearing its neck. I summoned blue coke and a cheeseburger for myself.

Leah came followed by Snow and Avery. Avery looked very happy. Maybe she talked to Thalia about the mate bond. I handed Daniel to snow and they dug into the deer. The hunters came one by one to.

"What did you see in Joy's memories?" Thalia asked me. She seemed a bit happy too, there was a spark in her eyes.

"I saw her past Thals. Thalia." I slipped. Damn why can't I ever hold a grudge. "Her past is none of your business. It wasn't mine but I can't really control my powers. She grabbed my face inspecting my face. Her hand traced over the scar on my face and then she looked into my eyes.

Her memories hit me like a train. Her rocky relationship with her mom, Jason being born and go missing, running away, dying, camp half blood, the war, me going missing, the giant war, and me going missing again. Her bitterness and anger at me leaving. The happiness she felt when she saw me again. Something was blocking me from something though. I didn't push it because it was there for a reason. Though I had a hunch that it was recently placed. I jerked away from her.

"I said don't look at me in the eyes." She apologized. as she sat down she muttered that I wasn't lying about not having control to the hunters around her.

"But there is one thing I want to talk about. But I can only talk to her." They started protesting immediately. "You can chain me up if it makes you feel better, but it's important."

They did chain me up before leaving me. I put a shield around us so they couldn't hear us.

"Why did you want to talk?" Her look was tough, but her eyes were broken. I was the same a long time ago.

"Your step-father." She tensed and looked bitterly at the ground. "I think he was my old step-father." Her head snapped up. "I thought he was dead because I left Medusa's head in the fridge and he opened it so he turned to stone. Before I disappeared I had pissed off a powerful monster. I'm not sure what it was anymore. She said she would bring back an old enemy. I thought she had meant a monster. But it might be much worse. What was your stepfather name?"

"Gabe" I closed my eyes and took a shaky breath. "Is the same man?" I nodded. "Did he abuse you too?" She was close to crying.

"Both my mom and I when I little. I didn't know she stayed with him because of me until my first quest. He reeked so human that he covered my scent. But after I went to camp she left him because I knew."

"Where's your mom?"

"Dead. Gaea had sent a monster to posses someone and kill them. I was there when it killed them."

"Why did you run?" I closed my eyes as I thought of it.

"Do you know of a girl named Annabeth Chase?" She nodded her head.

"Thalia's best friend besides you and Nico."

"I had asked her mom for her blessing so I could propose. I succeeded in the tasks she gave me, but when I got back my half brother was kissing her. Everybody was cheering them on and didn't even remember me. They blocked me out and treated me like a traitor. I left cause I was unwanted."

Just like she had done before I looked bitterly at the floor. My tears started to fall after I covered my face. I was sobbing after another minute. She looked at me awkwardly. I don't blame her. I'm a boy, she shouldn't even want to be alone with me.

"The wolves took me in after a while and I've been with them since. We've been taking demigods to camp half blood and camp Jupiter for the past few years."

"That's why you defend them so much." I nodded. "They're your family."

She's the first to admit it.

"But so are we. You've been missed by a lot of people. Leo, Piper, Hazel, Nico, your dad, and so many more."

"They left me. Only a few gods stuck with me, and that was because they knew what I was doing."

We argued for a while about that and then it slowed down.

"Does this make you my brother?" She asked me. I thought about it.

"I'll be be whatever you want me to be." I answered.

"Yes. You're probably the only person who knows about my past and has the same person in it. I want you to be my brother."

I smiled.

"Let's go then. Sister."

And then I dropped the shield.