Chaptef 12

Thalia's POV

The baby laid comfortably in his arms, but when we stepped forward it started to cry. A protectiveness look crossed his face along with determination. Percy rocked the baby back and forth murmuring and singing a song softly. It soon fell asleep and he stopped.

"Why did you guys shoot her?" The girl asked. She looked about our age. Her eyes were watering. No she can't cry! A panic set in as the tears fell, but I kept my mouth shut. "You should've known we wouldn't hurt you. You can't hunt us down for nothing." Her voice was soothing, but when it cracked seemed to make me even more upset.

"Why not? Isn't your pack going to come for revenge and kill our hunters?" Amara asked.

"We don't hurt people anymore. Not since I'm in charge." Percy answered. "There's been no violence between our kind and a human or demigod for years." His kind. His scar flexed as he swallowed. "Stop killing my pack. That's three of my pack mates gone because they were trying to help."

"Trying to help you!" Hayley spat.

"Because you took me!" Everything flew back but the girl, the other girls body, and the baby. "It's no matter now. It's done. We are leaving. We will be back, but not for revenge. We will help you in this upcoming war, but be warned. It is not the war you are expecting."

The girl looked longingly at the hunters before they disappeared along with the girls bloody body.

My heart clenched and I gasped. I grabbed the nearest person, Artemis.

"Thalia are you alright?" The question echoed through the hunt.

"I'm fine M'lady." I said when my heartbeat slowed, but my chest still ached. "What war is he talking about?" She rubbed her head wearily.

"I'm not sure. But first things first. We have killed the wolves and we need the pack to trust us. Only then will they pass information to us. The girl has taken a fancy to you Thalia so your gonna have to get close to her. Befriend her and see what will happen. She will talk to you soon." I began to protest but she stopped me. "Thalia."

"Yes M'lady." Maybe I can apologize to Percy this way. Maybe he can be my brother again.