Chapter 16

Joy's POV

Percy went to find Snow after Lady Artemis coughed. I smiled as he defended me from Gabe and how he let me kill him. He looked at Lady Artemis for a moment with a look on his face before leaving.

"You swore off boys!" Phoebe hissed at me. I ignored her looking around the hunt. Some of them looked disappointed but the others seemed to know that I was happier.

"I know. Now let's go. Percy still has to show us his side of the story." And with that I just started walking away. They gaped at me before coming after me. The hunting wolves were watching us with a wary look as we passed.

Percy passed Daniel to me and I started to talk to him. He giggled as I started to tickle his little feet. We sat down around the fire. Percy passed me the drachma.

"Throw it in the fire." He said. and I understood what he wanted me to do.

"Fleecy do me a solid and show me the life of Perseus Jackson."

Images danced through the fire. his life. Before camp half blood, his quests, the wars, the labors of Heracles, the betrayal, him finding his parents dead, giving Chloe to Lady Artemis, the wolves hunting him, him becoming the King of the Wolves, finding us, the killing of his children, up till now.

Now I know the look he gave Lady Artemis. He looks at her the Sam way he used to looked at that Athenian spawn. He loves her.

The hunters were silent. Chloe was crying and so was Thalia. Artemis was just analyzing him. Anger just burst through me. I know I shouldn't be angry, but Percy helped me kill the man who abused me. Artemis may have taken me in but Percy is now my brother. I should tell him about our plans to deceive him. But a thought stopped me.

What if he blamed me for being in on it?

Hopefully we stop the plan since we saw his memories.

"Sally's dead?" Thalia chocked out. I had never seen her cry. "She was like a mom to me." She cried harder. Lily ran and hugged Percy so hard I thought she would break his ribs. Now she chooses to be a little sister.

"Seaweed Brain why didn't you tell me!" He glared at her before softening his gaze. Avery stood protectively in next to Thalia.

"I was training. I needed to lead the pack so I was training. The first full moon was terrible. I almost killed Leah before they got to me."

"How'd you get the scar?" Michelle asked.

"After I was given the title and Lycanon faded a few wolves tried to take the title from me. The pack killed them but they had already gotten to me. I was staring at my father fading and they caught me unaware. I wanted to keep them as a reminder."

"A boy getting his heart broken by a girl." Phoebe said. "That's a first." She still looked at him with hatred. I shrugged it off and so did he. He faced his pack.

"You can leave now." he waved his hand and they were consumed by fire before it died down. We all stared at him.

He walked away with the remaining of his pack. I followed him. Avery stared longingly at Thalia before following though. I raised my eyebrows as I followed them. My tent was soundproof. So I invited them inside.

"So what's up with you?" I asked Avery as she got on the floor.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what's up with you?"

You're gonna have to be more specific." Percy said.

"Thalia." I said simply. Their eyes glaze over for a few minutes before they spoke again.

"Joy you have to swear not to tell anybody, at least until we say it's okay." I sighed but agreed.

"I swear on the River Styx not to tell a soul what you are about to tell me without your permission." They relaxed slightly.

"Joy, Thalia's my mate."