Chapter 9

Percy's POV

Nobody came at night. I can't say I wasn't surprised, cause that would be a lie. After the girls woke up I told them to stay while I went to the hunters camp. But before that I hunted two stags. They shared one as I dragged another to the camp in my wolf form. Immediately arrows were pointed at me but soon were put down as they recognized me. Many eyes held anger at my being here, but I didn't care. I changed back with clothes and started to skin the stag. It was big for its age. As I started cooking the hunters got Artemis.

"Perseus." She seemed shocked. "What are you doing?"

"If you don't remember I swore I would always come back" She frowned as I said that. Coming back against my will. She probably thought that. "I just needed time with Alisha and Avery." The hunters bristled.

"Who are they?" One of the sneered. It was similar to Ares's so I'm guessing she's his daughter. "Do you cheat on one with the other?" I balled my fist at the thought of sleeping with them. Nobody but my children were allowed to and I would never live with myself if I ever sleep with them.

"They're my children's mates. The children you killed yesterday." I spat bitterly. They flinched again. I stood up and started to leave when Thalia grabbed my arm. Growls sounded from Alisha, Avery, and the hunts wolves. "Don't touch me!" I snarled. Hurt flashed in her eyes. "You do not get to feel hurt. I spent years thinking of what I might've don't wrong. I did nothing! Nothing to get kicked out and rejected. Treated like monster when I wasn't. Accepted by those who were thought to hurt, but in reality they were caring and gentle." She looked past me to the two girls at my side growling. But one look at my left, and she looked dazed. A look familiar to my kind. A second chance for her. A chance for love. And a chance for forgiveness.

Avery carefully avoided the other hunters up until she got to Thalia. Then they did that stupid thing when they both reach out to touch each other to make sure that the other is real. This means that I have to forgive Thalia.

Wait. Thalia's a hunter. WHAT THE FREAKING HADES! A hunter and a wolf. Is Avery ready to move on after a day? If she's given mate, I guess so. Artemis and the other hunters looked confused at the pair.

"Avery." I said looking between them. "We need to go. And don't worry, hunters. We'll be back." Avery tore her gaze away from Thalia and followed me. "What are you going to do?" She had a lovestruck look. She loved Thalia now. That was fast. I guess her and Miley didn't really feel it anymore before she.

No I can't think of that.

"Whats her name?" She asked with a smile on her face. And then there's that.

"Thalia." Alisha answered for me. Her voice tight and raspy. The smile on her face dropped so fast that a person would probably think she's bipolar. FUCK! We told her that one of the people who killed Miley and Danny was named Thalia. Avery literally choked from the shock. We patted her back as she threw up. That's not good either. Werewolves hardly get sick. Maybe it was the thought of having her former mates killer be her second chance mate. Only wolves who's mates have died young get a second chance at it.

"I'm good." She said when she was done. "I'm good." Me and. Alisha said nothing knowing that it was false. "Sh-she killed Miley. How can she be my mate when she killed her?"

"Maybe the person who kills your mate replaces him or her." Alisha suggested.

"But their soul mates. They were paired for a reason. A hunter and a wolf is a bad pair. The fates probably knew this was good happen. Maybe this can settle the feud."

The leaves in a nearby tree rustled and then it went to another. The hunters were watching us, blocking off our escapes.

They are testing my patience, but this is bad. If they were here listening then they probably just heard that Avery and Thalia were mates. They would kick Thalia out of the hunters, even if she didn't want Avery. The thought of her rejecting Avery made me angry. She made Avery broken, then she has to fix it.

Artemis's silver eyes were staring at me. They were full of anger and they seemed to be aimed at Avery. I pushed Avery behind me as they dropped. Thalia was the only one who didn't looks like they wanted to kill us. That stung. A girl who had hated me didn't want me dead now, but my sister who hasn't even met me wants me dead or injured severely.

"Get out of here wolf!" Artemis spat. I pushed them back and they ran off into the woods. I was shot immediately and the world around me swirled into darkness.