6

Korra

Keeping the list to a minimum of 3 was harder than I thought. There's so many places that Asami probably hasn't seen yet but I'm sure she won't even want to visit even one of them with me. I just can't decide which ones are the best. I've skipped period 3 for this and so did Kuvira and Mako. Bolin on the other hand, he chose to actually go to lesson. Only because he has the same class as Opal I guess.

Mako leans over my shoulder and looks at the list in front of me.
"I think you should keep the valley in there." He says before I cross it out.

"I don't know, it's pretty far away." I say. Even though a place like this would be literally perfect for this project, Asami wouldn't be up for walking miles on end. There's no way I'm using a car either. I cross it out.

Before the wind took my paper away, I leant over on the corner of the page. We were on that bench again and it was probably the worst idea to be here, the weather was getting a little bad. But it was better than getting caught skipping class. I move down to the next point on the list and I tap my pen against the side of it repeatedly.

Kuvira shuffles closer and hums in thought.
"Are you sure you want to take her there?"

My pen hovers over the words. Should I take her here, will I even be able to? I sigh and nod my head.
"I'm sure." No, I'm not. Asami will find it boring, she'll think it's a waste of time. But this place means so much to me. I shake my head, stopping my thoughts. This will be the final visit for the project. I circle the place twice before crossing out the one underneath.

Mako moves closer and points to another point on the page.
"Cross the swamp out."

I laugh.
"Why? I think it would be fun."

"Asami and swamps? Really?" He says and I frown, shoving him back. He doesn't even know Asami, he only learned her last name the other day. But anyway, I cross the swamp out. I mainly wrote that down for a joke but I need to be serious if I want Asami to actually like me.
"So when are you going to tell Asami about this?"

I haven't actually thought about that yet. I don't even know how I would bring this up with her. Do I just give her the list?
"I don't know? I was thinking I should just leave her a note on her desk." I say, that's actually a good idea. There's no way I'm making a fool of myself in front of her.

Kuvira rose a brow at me with a smug smile on her face.
"You're not just leaving her a note, you have to speak to her."

"Well yeah obviously but how?" I say. I can barely breathe when I manage to talk to her, I probably look like a right idiot when I try too. It's always so... awkward. Do I make it awkward?
"She doesn't like me."

"That doesn't mean you should just give up. I didn't like Mako when you first introduced him to me. Now look, we're buddies." Kuvira admits and knocked Mako on the shoulder which made him roll his eyes. She has a point I guess, if Kuvira could warm up to Mako then Asami could warm up to me too. If this project thing is going to work then me and Asami need to be at least civil.

"How do I get her to like me?" I ask, feeling my cheeks heat up. It's embarrassing asking for help in these sorts of topics.

Mako and Kuvira share a glance before they both smile at me. I sigh, it's like they've been waiting for me to ask that question for a long time.
"Well, what does she like?" Kuvira asks.

What does Asami like? Engines, Machines. Cars. That's a bit random if I just bring up cars. What's something that Asami is always doing? She always carries a book, a different one each week too. So she reads right?
"She always has a book with her."