18

Asami

I'm on my bed again with my face smuggled into my pillow, flat out like some sort of star fish. I grin into the softness, at the memories of her. That stupid smile, the warmth of her hand. I flip myself around and face the ceiling so I can drag a finger over my palm, the palm that she held just a few hours ago. The electric current, that I'm still convinced it's from the substation, starts to run through my veins again for a few seconds.

This weird feeling. It keeps on happening and I think I know what it means. I grab my pillow and stuff it onto my face again, groaning into the material. There's no fucking way that I like this girl. Not like that at least. Maybe in a friend way... possibly? I don't know.

Every time my eyes close I can picture her and that smile, her blue eyes with her hand reaching out towards me so she can pull me up onto the branch next to her. She looked so relaxed with my dad earlier, talking away as if she had known him all her life. I'd kill to have that confidence, actually I'd kill to be her.

I smack the pillow onto my face again, hoping that it would batter away these thoughts but it only made it worse. I keep picturing her getting that bug out of my hair, her hand lingering there for a lot longer than I'd expect it to and I fucking like it. Why did I like it? Because I fucking like her. Even when she just looks at me from across the room I get all nervous, my heart starts to pump quicker like I've ran a marathon or something. Friends aren't supposed to make me feel like that.

I sit up quickly and throw the pillow across my room and watch it bounce off my door. This is so stupid. I'm stupid. My phone sits on my bed next to me, teasing me like it wants me to pick it up. And I do. I pick it up and swipe to unlock it. Her contact is already sitting there, like it's been waiting. Should I text her? Call her?

What do I even talk about? She did leave earlier in a hurry, maybe I should ask her if she's alright? I take a deep breath in through my nose and exhale through my mouth before hitting the call button.

It hums once, twice.. three times. She won't pick up, she's probably busy.
"Do you miss me already?"

I snap out of my train of thought after hearing her voice echo through my ears. That electric current is back.
"Very funny Korra. I'm just checking up on you to see if you're alright."

"Hm, you do care about me." There's rustling in the back ground, papers it sounds like with an occasional clink of a glass bottle.

"Shut up, we're friends aren't we?" I say.

She chuckles.
"I guess so. Anyway, I'm fine. I'm glad you called actually."

"You are?"

"Yeah. Do you want me to send the notes from today to you?"

"Oh.. uh please, if you could." Why am I disappointed about that? What else was I expecting her to say? I hear the rustling again, the papers, the glass bottles.
"Are you busy right now?"

"No, why?"

"It's sounds like you're doing something."

"I'm just tidying up my room a little so I can actually move around in it."
I laugh at her remark. That's relatable.
"Your dad is hilarious by the way." She says and my face begins to heat up again.

A groan leaves my lips and she chuckles.
"My mum is much worse."

"Oh really? I'll make sure to meet her properly next time."

Next time? There's a next time?
"Good luck with that, she basically lives in that garage."

She chuckles again and that electric current surges through my arms and into my chest.
"So you guys are big on cars then huh?"