28

Korra

I look at my phone again to check to see if my mum texted me or anything during the past 5 minutes. There's nothing, only the single reply saying 'yes' to my message before. She's probably out in town again, drinking until her throat burns. The living room will be a mess when I get home I just know it. She'll be out cold on the sofa if she even makes it through the front door this time.

Asami pokes her head through her bedroom door, a wide smile on her pretty face. I put my phone down and sit up straight.
"So?"

She steps through and shuts the door behind her.
"They said you could stay the night." Asami practically throws herself around me, squealing whilst we rock back and forth.

"I guess I'm taking the floor then." I say.

Asami pulls back, frowning and I stiffle a laugh.
"You're joking aren't you?"

Of course I am.
"What if your parents see us?" I ask and she huffs.

"They won't.. hopefully."

"Hmm.. I don't know Sato. you don't seem so sure."

Asami rolls her eyes in a playful manner and climbs off of me.
"You're not taking the floor and that's final."

I hold my hands up in surrender.
"Okay, you're the boss."

Asami giggles and starts to search through her drawers. She throws me a tanktop and a pair of shorts before shutting the drawer.
"Will these do?"
I raise a brow at her. These are quite revealing for winter. Her face glows a red once she looks at me and I laugh.
"Sorry let me choose something else."

"It's alright 'Sami, they're fine." I laugh again and she stops scrabbling through her other clothes.

We spend the rest of the sunlight cuddled together whilst she plays a few movies on her laptop. However we had to restart one of them at least 5 times since we got a little carried away. We would find ourselves kissing until we both realise half of the movie has already played, we'd pull away and laugh so we could restart it and do it all over again.

Asami basically had to crawl head first into her bathroom cupboards to find me a fresh tooth brush, and once she found it, it turned out to be a bright pink one that was made for toddlers. She told me that it was one that she was supposed to use when she was younger but obviously she grew up a little too fast and demanded her parents to give her a 'proper' one.

"I haven't used it." She told me and pushed it closer to my chest.
"It's fine really, besides it fits you and your shortness."

I can't lie, brushing my teeth has never been so fun in my life. I took a glance at her through the mirror and she glanced at me back, both of us grinning whilst we brushed.

Then I turned the tap on a little too eagerly and the water sprayed out and filled the sink up in a matter of seconds; before I could turn it off it over flowed onto the floor a little. I was panicking too much to realise that it was actually pretty funny. Asami however, she laughed so hard she accidentally spat some toothpaste out onto the mirror. Sooner or later, both of us were rolling on the floor laughing hysterically whilst the sink overflowed and flooded the bathroom.

Let's just say Yasuko wasn't impressed and stood with her arms crossed when she found us. I thought she'd kick us both out right there and then but all she did was chuckle a little and asked.
"What on earth happened here?"

We cleaned it up after we calmed down and now we're cuddled up together in her bed, curtains drawn with the room lit a dim orange by the small lamp in the corner of her room.
"I think my friends want me to go somewhere tomorrow after school by the way." She says and trails a finger down my arm, I thought I'd be a little cold in these shorts and tanktop but I've never been warmer.
"Can you come with us?"