21

Asami

Friday went by slow... unbelievably slow. It's like the lessons got twice as longer and I didn't sleep well last night either. My thoughts just refused to stop. I'm not sure what I feel, I'm worried but also excited about what's coming next. I'll be with Korra, that's good and bad I guess. I love spending time with her but, now that I know more than before I'm scared I'm going to mess it up, say something that she'll take the wrong way. I mean if Jinora wasn't there yesterday to stop me I think I might've just exposed Korra to the headmaster who would then spread it around the teachers and so on. I smack my head. If I wasn't such a stalker then it would've been normal, everything would've been just the way it was before.

I shake my head and sigh, I'll argue with myself later. The halls have already cleared out since the last bell of the day rang and I've been waiting by the gate again. Korra had to talk to Miss Beifong so she told me to go ahead and I've been waiting here ever since. I tap my phone again, she's taking her time.

Suddenly my vision is consumed by darkness as a pair of warm hands cover my eyes. I immediately smile.
"Guess who." She tries to lower her voice like last time but I know it's her.

"Hello Korra." I say and she takes her hands away.

"Oh come on, that didn't sound like me at all." She pouts.

I giggle and shake my head.
"It really did."

"Whatever, are you ready to go?"

"I sure am." We both take our leave out the school gate.
"So what did you and Miss Beifong talk about?"

She huffs which makes me a little worried.
"Something to do with the team's formation for the upcoming match." She explains.
"She says it's 'sloppy'."

"I think she's right." I say, remembering the last time I watched her play.

Her face scrunches up and she gives me a look.
"What do you mean? That formation has worked for us since forever."

I giggle at her expression. I'm not quite sure what I'm talking about but Mako explained the rules of football a little to me that day.
"Have you ever looked at it properly? You're doing most of the work."

Her expession softens and her lips twirl into a smirk.
"So you do watch me."

I laugh, I really dug myself into a hole with that one.
"It's hard not to when you're everywhere on the pitch."

She chuckles with me and then hums.
"Come to think of it, you have a point. I'll arrange something later." She says.
"If the team wins the next match, it will be because of you."

"I'm not taking any sort of credit, you're the Captain." I say and she chuckles again. We've been walking down a different street this time though it looks the same as all the others. There's different turnings, different shops yet they're all the same colour.

It's getting colder by the minute and we walk close next to each other in order to keep ourselves warm. There's a few people walking past, holding hands and in linked arms. the street becomes a visual hug to my imagination. To make it all better, it begins to snow. The snowflakes start off small, barely even visible unless I look close, it didn't take long until they really started to fall. Not like a major storm or anything, it was soft, slow flutters of crystals.

Korra takes a hand out of her pocket and flattens her palm.
"It's snowing." She whispers. A flake falls into the middle of her hand and a wide smile appears on her face.
"It's snowing!"

I hold out my hand like she does and my skin bumps up as the cold tickles against it.
"Yeah it is." I chuckle. My breath hitches as I turn to her. Slate outer rings with teal all the way to the black, those blue eyes fix me in all the best ways. They're so different in moments like this, softer than I knew eyes could be.