22

Asami

I start to type down notes for the place in my phone, occasionally swiping off the snowflakes that fall onto my screen. Korra has herself laid down beside me, legs over the edge as she stares up to the clouds above. She's quiet, she has been for some time now, eyes still red and puffy from all those tears.

I'm not sure what to do right now since she kissed me a few moments ago. I want to talk to her, ask her what this means and hope that she feels what I feel. But I can't. Not right now anyway, she's thinking, lost in thought whilst the snowflakes begin a layer on her face. Perhaps the kiss didn't mean anything to her. Maybe it was one of those 'caught up in the moment' sort of things. She was upset so it makes sense a little bit. Why would she like me anyway? I've been nothing but horrible to her before all of this.

I shake my head and think about something else. About the way Korra opened up to me. She let her guard down in front of me, cracked in my embrace. It's like she trusts me like really trusts me, that's progress right? I know she wants to tell me more, possibly the stuff that I already know, but I'm willing to wait. I'm willing to wait and listen whenever she's ready.

I look over my shoulder towards her, she's got her eyes closed now, chest rising and falling slowly with each calm breath. Her lips parted and her hands rest gently by her sides. Even in moments like these, my heart races. I want to kiss her again but I know I can't.
"What was that important thing you wanted to talk to me about?" She asks, eyes still shut.

Fuck I completely forgot about that.
"Oh.. that's nothing now. Jinora helped me with it."

Her blue eyes flutter open.
"Okay." She says and sits up. Her feet start to swing and she taps the ground with her fingers.
"Can we... talk then?"

I raise a brow and turn my phone off, she has my full attention. Though she's always had my full attention and I haven't realised it until just now.
"About?"

"What just happened..." She says and turns away from the view to look at me.
"Between us."

I find myself lost in those blue eyes of hers, the snow really compliments them.
"I'm listening." I'll always listen.

Korra takes a deep breath in through her nose and grips the ground tighter, sinking her fingers into the snow that's already starting to pile up around us. I sit patiently, waiting patiently whilst she gives me glance after glance with nervous eyes. The skin on her cheeks were blanched from the cold, or so I think it's the cold.

"There's- I should say something.." Korra mumbles and turns away.
"I know I'm... me.. but I like you. Like a lot." If I didn't want to kiss her before then I definietly want to now. So it wasn't an 'in the moment' sort of thing... it was actually intentional? Korra likes me. Out of everyone in the school. Me? I don't mean to be silent, I just can't find the right words to say.

Korra sighs and her head drops slightly, I instantly feel guilty.
"Look, I like being around you. I like when you're happy and when you're laughing... I like your face." She says and instantly smacks her forehead. This is painfully cute.
"Fuck.. that came out wrong. This is harder than I'd thought it would be."

Not so confident now are you?
"Korra it's alright." I giggle and slither a hand on top of hers, gently laying it there, cold hand against another.
"I know I don't always act like it, but I like you too. A lot."

She smiles. Her smile is my favourite. I can see how it comes from deep inside to light her eyes and spread throughout the rest of her, I hear it in her voice, in the choice of her words and the way she relaxes. It's beautiful. She's beautiful. Korra lifts up her hand and presses it to my cheek, I shiver at the contact. So cold.
"Oh.. I'm sorry. Cold hands." She whispers and her hand recoils.