New Lives

My hands shook as I walked, pulling out my phone I dialled Haruka's number. I put it to my ear and within half a ring, she answered. "Umi?" Haruka greeted. "Are you ok?"

"No." I said. "I'm...I'm not ok, I'm heading to your place, can you open the door for me?"

"Yeah, sure." I hung up. My hands gripped my bag to stop my hands from shaking. I hurried as fast as I could to Haruka's apartment. As I approached the apartment building, I saw Haruka waiting out the front for me. Her eyes met mine, and I could see the worry seeping into her gaze. "Umi..." She muttered. I walked up to her, and into her arms. Haruka held me close as my shoulders shook. "What happened?"

"I did it." I breathed, clutching her school jacket. "I told him off."

"I'm so proud of you." I felt a kiss pressed against my temple. "Come on, let's get you inside." With Haruka's arm around me, she led me to her apartment. She closed the door and I dropped my bag. "What did you tell your dad?" Haruka asked, getting me settled into the couch.

"I told him that I'd be back next week to finalise my transfer, which means I have no place to live for the next week." I said as Haruka milled about her kitchen. Haruka scoffed.

"I just assumed that you were living with me for that time."

"I didn't want to impose." Haruka laughed, bringing me a mug of tea. She settled on the couch next to me, handing me the mug.

"Neptune, my dear." Haruka started. "We have been together for how long? Living together won't be much of a problem between the two of us."

"Are you sure?" I asked, gazing up at her. Haruka nodded.

"Of course I'm sure. I wouldn't have offered if I didn't mean it." I smiled up at Haruka.

"I love you, so damn much."

"I love you too." Haruka replied.

The next week was filled with organising our transfer to Mugen Academy, finding places for us to live, dealing with my father begging for me to return home and 'do my duty to my family' and taking down enemies in Sankakusu

The next week was filled with organising our transfer to Mugen Academy, finding places for us to live, dealing with my father begging for me to return home and 'do my duty to my family' and taking down enemies in Sankakusu. To say we were tired was an understatement. I had my uniform be sent over to Haruka's apartment, so I could go to school during that week. After school one day, we decided to spend some time at a park. We found ourselves sitting under a tree, Haruka's head on my lap as I ran my fingers through her hair. "Dad sent me the transfer papers for Mugen." I reported softly. "Had them sent to the school today."

"Seriously?" She wondered. "He sent you the papers?"

"Yeah, along with a note saying that he called off the engagement and said he's willing to pay for me to live away from home."

"So...that means...?" Haruka trailed off.

"I'm a free woman!" Haruka's hand came up behind my neck, and pulled me down into a kiss. I smiled, kissing back happily.