A Friend Long Forgotten

The next morning was an entire blur to me, in the wake of my dream, I have been on edge ever since I woke up. I hid the Mirror in the one place Father would never even think to look, behind Mother's portrait. It was the one thing he would never touch, under any circumstances. Walking with Ituso to school was boring as always. But, I remember him saying something. I blinked, turning to him. "Sorry, could you repeat that?" I asked. We were at school, standing just inside the gates. Ituso glared at me,

"You weren't listening?" He asked, deadly calm. I gulped. Ituso started to walk towards me, causing me to back up into the wall. "Do you know what will happen to you if I tell your father?" I cowered against the wall, screwing my eyes shut. "You'll be paying attention from now on, will you?"

"Y-Yes." I whispered. "I'll listen."

"Hey!" A voice barked. My eyes snapped open and fell on a person a couple of meters away. It was a boy, a couple of inches taller than me, with combed back, sandy blonde hair and grey-blue eyes. He wore the same uniform as Itsuo, and had his bookbag slung over his shoulder. I'm surprised I've never seen him around school before. "Everything ok over here?"

"We're fine." Itsuo spat at him.

"Doesn't look like it." Itsuo grit his teeth, stepping away from me. I slid down the wall, my legs folding underneath me. He turned back to me,

"You better listen from now on." Itsuo growled at me, "I'll see you tomorrow." Itsuo stormed off.

"You alright?" The boy asked, offering me his hand. I looked at it for a second, then up at him. My eyes met his. They looked so familiar, as if I had seen them before. I slowly placed my hand in his, it was so soft...not meant for a male. His hand firmly grasped mine and pulled me to my feet. I slipped my hand out of his, gripping my bookbag tight with both of my hands.

"Thank you for that." I said softly, "But you didn't need to do that." The boy shook his head,

"He shouldn't do that to you." The boy looked to the front of the school, "Who was he anyway?"

"That's Itsuo, my boyfriend." I blinked, "Oh, I am so sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Umi." I held my hand out for the boy to shake. He turned back to me with a small smile,

"Haruka." Haruka took my hand and shook it. I slipped my hand out of his and held my bag with both of mine.

"It was nice meeting you, Haruka, I'll see you around." I sent the boy a smile before continuing into the school.

" I sent the boy a smile before continuing into the school

After school, I started to walk home by myself. "Hey, Umi!" A voice called, causing me to look up. Haruka was waving at me from the front of the school. I approached him.

"Haruka." I greeted, surprised. "What...what are you doing here?"

"I noticed that you always walk home by yourself, thought I'd join you."

"Are you sure it won't be out of your way?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Ok..." I started to walk in the direction of my home, noticing that Haruka never walked faster than me, walking beside me the entire time. It was...comforting.

"I heard you playing at lunch today."

"You did?"

"Yeah, didn't realise you were so good." Haruka commented.

"Thank you." I smiled softly. "My Mum used to play piano, so I taught myself to honour her."

"Who's your mum?"

"My mother was Anya Shinkai."

"The Pianist?" Haruka gasped. I nodded. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"It's ok, I never met her, so never felt the pain." Pretty soon, the two of us reached my house. "Thank you for walking me home, Haruka."

"Eh, it was no problem." I opened the house gates,

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, tomorrow." I gave him a smile before slipping into the house. When I went to bed that night, the Mirror clutched against my chest. Over the next week, every time I returned to bed, I would be plagued with dreams of that girl with the hair that shines like mine.

DREAM - NO POV

Neptune exited the room Queen Serenity had summoned her too, her heels gently clacking against the marble. She held the Deep Aqua mirror close to her chest. "Neptune." A voice greeted. Neptune looked up to see another girl, about a year older than her, wearing a uniform quite similar to hers, with grey-ish blue eyes and short, pale blonde hair. The main part of her uniform was white, with a dark blue skirt and cape. She had dark blue ankle boots and gloves that went up to her wrists with dark blue cuffs. She had a yellow bow on her chest, held up by a dark blue broach, and a dark blue bow at the base of her spine. She also wore a gold tiara, with a dark blue gem in the centre.

"Uranus." Neptune greeted, surprised, "Did her Majesty call you as well?"

"Yeah, said something about an important mission." Uranus crossed her arms,

"She said the same thing to me as well." Neptune held her mirror close, "I believe she is waiting for you." Neptune gave Uranus a polite nod, "It was nice seeing you again, Uranus, but I must go." Neptune walked away, her heart thudding in her chest. What is this feeling... Neptune wondered, her head tilted down as she walked, 'My heart...it's beating so fast...like it's going to burst out of my chest...' Neptune looked behind her as Uranus entered the Queen's Chambers. 'Is Uranus the cause of this?' Neptune watched as the door closed behind the blonde.