Infinity 9 - Infinite Labyrinth - Part 2

We raced through the halls of Mugen Academy, checking every room to try and find Hotaru. We gathered at a crossroads once we had finished searching floor 56. "I couldn't find anyone." Mars reported.

"Me neither." Uranus added. Mercury brought a visor up over her eyes.

"It's no good." She lamented, looking around. "I can't seem to get a read on the building's layout. I'm not even detecting any signs of life."

"What if we check the basement." I supplied. "A good number of laboratories are down there." Venus stepped up to a floor director, scanning it.

"Then we should probably split up." She suggested. "Starting from here, we'll take the stairs down floor by floor, checking each as we go. Super Sailor Moon, you Pluto. Uranus and Neptune take the elevator."

"Be safe." Super Sailor Moon pleaded of her Scouts.

"Don't worry about us, we'll be fine." Mars assured.

"Please, look out for our Princess." Mercury added.

"Absolutely." Uranus promised.

"All of you, please be careful." Venus finished. And with that, the Inner Guardians raced off to the nearest staircase.

"Come on, let's head down." Uranus said to Super Sailor Moon once an elevator had risen up to our floor. Super Sailor Moon put on a brave face as she followed us into an elevator. The elevator descended through Mugen Academy toward the basement. The ride was silent. I could feel the tension in the air.

"I hope they're ok, the others." Super Sailor Moon said.

"Don't worry Super Sailor Moon." I responded softly, "I'm sure that they're fine."

"Aren't you even a little afraid?"

"If I said that I wasn't, I'd be lying." Uranus admitted.

"I'm hopeless when it comes to being scared." Super Sailor Moon admitted. "I still get freaked out so easily. Especially when I'm in a haunted abandoned building, or trapped in a moving elevator that won't stop." Super Sailor Moon put her hand over her eyes. "It's too much for me to handle."

"Sailor Moon." Pluto sighed.

"I'm about to go fight a powerful enemy, and just thinking about that scares me. I'm worrying about all the bad things that could happen. Like what if...I somehow end up all by myself, then what?"

"Does the thought of being alone scare you?" Uranus wondered. Uranus continued when Super Sailor Moon didn't respond, "The three of us used to always be alone."

"You were? Really?"

"Yes. We lived where there were no others."

"We were all by ourselves." I muttered, wrapping my arms around myself, gripping my Deep Aqua Mirror tight.

"In very lonely places." Pluto added.

"But, at every moment we could, we would remember our distant homeworld, Silver Millennium." Uranus said. "And it's beautiful Queen, and Princess."

"We were alone, and in that darkness, just picturing our Kingdom gave us hope." I remembered.

"And, when it shined brightly, we would feel power grow within us."

"That light was always our guide." Pluto continued, "It would reassure us, and encourage us not to give up." Suddenly, the elevator sped up, metal screeching. Darkness overtook us and we fell, Super Sailor Moon falling faster than us.

"Sailor Moon!" Uranus cried.

"Uranus!" Super Sailor Moon shouted as she disappeared. "Neptune! Pluto!"...