Infinity 1 - Premonition - Part 1

I cut through the water easily, calming my mind. My mind was racing a million miles a minute these past couple of years, with keeping watch over Sankakusu and making sure my grades didn't slip, I needed calm in the mornings so I was prepared for the day. It had been two years since Haruka and I awoke as Sailor Guardians, and we've been protecting Sankakusu and Mugen Academy ever since. We had learned that our enemy was already on our planet, so we couldn't stop an invasion. All Uranus and I were able to do was fight our enemies and try and figure out where they were coming from. I pulled myself out of the pool, grabbing my towel and drying my hair. I hummed a silent tune as I picked up my phone. The time read 8:30. I dialled the number for my pilot. "Hello, Shinmaru?" I greeted softly. I heard blades and turned to look at the helicopter that was hovering at my window. "Good morning, I'll be up soon, we can go pick Haruka. You know how he gets, we'll be late for school."

"Copy that." The pilot responded. I gave them a friendly wave as they ascended to the roof. I hung up the phone and gazed out to the city line, the water glistening in the sunlight. I sighed, a frown tugging at my lips.

"The oceans are troubled." I muttered. "That's not a good sign." After I dried and changed into my school uniform, fixed my hair and grabbed my things, I went up to the roof and got in my helicopter. After buckling in and putting on my headphones, we were off. We were soon joined by the Tenohmaru, and we flew to the racetrack. I looked out the window and saw us approaching our destination. My phone rang in my pocket, prompting me to slip my headset around my neck to answer it.

"Where have you been Umi, you're late." Haruka said.

"I'm sorry, my love." I replied, looking down at her blonde head next to the course. "I lost track of time." Haruka got changed into her school uniform, and after getting in her helicopter, we flew to school. We landed and as I was getting my gear off, Haruka appeared and offered me her hand. I smiled, taking it as I slipped out of the helicopter. I held my bookbag in front of me as Haruka and I made our way to school.

"Look!" Someone gasped. "Isn't that Umi Shinkai? The famous pianist?"

"So the rumours about her dating Haruka Tenoh are true!" Another realised.

"No way!"

"I hate to admit it, but they really do make a perfect couple."

"I guess, and they do go to the same school. You know, the one that was in the news..." The conversations faded as Haruka and I distanced ourselves from them.

"Did you see the news report?" I asked her. "About the creature?"

"Yeah." Haruka replied. "Right before practice, they called it an Atavism."

"I can't believe we didn't get to it in time." I sighed. "But I'm glad we managed to defeat it without being seen."

"I thought these new Sailor Guardians would be able to notice these things." Haruka muttered. "Aren't they supposed to be Serenity's Guardians? If they can't sense the danger that's under their noses, what does that mean for the planet?"

"We've been Guardians for much longer than they have." I reminded her. "Not only were we thousands of years old by the time our Princess and her Guardians were born, we re-awakened two years before them." I placed my hand on my book bag where my Mirror resided. "The Deep Aqua Mirror tells me that they've been busy themselves. They managed to defeat the Dark Kingdom, the people that was the catalyst for the destruction of Silver Millennium, and the little girl they're travelling, the one with rabbit buns, came from another time, and they had to help her save the future."

"They have been busy." Haruka mused. I stepped closer to Haruka, wrapping my free arm around hers.

"They have their mission, and we have ours." I rested my head on her shoulder. "They've protected our Princess, that's all we can ask for them."