Infinity 2 - Ripples

The next morning, I was gazing through my mirror, trying to find something, anything at all. The world fell around me as I concentrated, however, I felt a gentle prodding on my mind, and I gasped, the mirror becoming foggy. I frowned slightly as I ended my searching, the mirror returning to it's reflective surface. "What is it?" Haruka asked. I turned to her.

"I was trying to look for more information on our enemies but..." My eyebrows pinched together as I spoke. "Something, or someone, managed to cloud the Mirror...it managed to prevent me from seeing anything." I caught Haruka's worried gaze. "It's ok, Ruka, it didn't last long, I managed to send it away." I turned back to the mirror and gently caressed it's surface. "I can try again tomorrow."

"Umi..." Haruka trailed off, her arms coming to wrap around my shoulders and leaning close. I lowered the mirror in my hand, using my other one to gently grasp Haruka's. "What you and I are trying to do here, it might be a waste of time. We may already be too late, and none of it's going to matter."

"We knew that before we even started, Haruka." I reminded her. "Whatever's happened has happened. We can't stop what's already begun. All we can do right now is prepare for what's to come." I turned and looked up Haruka as I spoke. "We have to find Pluto and gather the three Talismans." Haruka nodded reluctantly.

TIMESKIP

I walked into the bookstore, intent on finding the new music book that came out the other day. I walked down one of the rows, and saw someone familiar. "Souichi Tomoe..." Mamoru muttered.

"Are you looking to transfer to Mugen Academy?" I asked him. Mamoru turned to look at me. "You were muttering about Professor Tomoe." I approached Mamoru, "He's not only the school's owner but he's a well known instructor." I laughed lightly, "Although, a lot of people only know him because he was expelled from the world of academia long ago."

"What? Why?"

"To be quite honest I've never bothered to find out. I've heard that some people say that Mugen Academy trains students to be sorcerers. Did you know that?" Mamoru's eyes narrowed, "Maybe people say that because our school has many talented students, academically and in other areas."

"Um, excuse me." A voice called from behind me, causing me to turn slightly. I saw a brown-haired girl staring up at me with wide eyes and clasped hands. "But are you the famous pianist, Umi Shinkai?"

"Yes, that's me." I replied. The girl cheered.

"You're an absolute virtuoso! May I please get your autograph?"

"Of course." The girl offered me a marker and a piece of paper. I set my bag down, and signed the paper. I offered it back to the girl happily. After I had purchased my book, Mamoru and I left the store.

"Virtuoso huh?" Mamoru questioned. "So does that mean you're one of the 'talented sorcerers' too?" I looked up at him.

"I may be, who knows. Why don't you come and see for yourself?" I fished an envelope out of my bag, "I'm holding a concert soon." I offered the envelope to Mamoru. "Here, two tickets for you to come with someone. Maybe that cute blonde haired girl you always seem to hang out with."

"How do you know that?" Mamoru asked, taking the envelope,

"I've seen you two around before. You two seem like a lovely couple, I wish you happiness." I gave him a small bow and turned and walked away. It was some time later when I got a call. "Hello?" I greeted, twisting the key to my condo door.

"They're getting closer." Haruka said. "Usagi asked if I was a Sailor Guardian."

"That's not good." I sighed, setting my bag down and pulling my mirror out. "We have to try and deter them." The surface of the Deep Aqua Mirror rippled and I saw Usagi and her friends in the mountains, not to far from where our school was hosting an event for the new students. "Here's something, they're heading up to the mountains near the retreat Mugen is hosting for the new students, maybe you can work your magic and get yourself on the trip. I'd come with you but I have to practice for my concert.

"That sounds like a plan." Haruka chuckled. "How are you so smart?" I laughed, setting the Deep Aqua Mirror on the table and turned to look out the window.

"That's a mystery not even I can solve, my love. If you manage to get on the trip, don't forget to pack your Judo clothes, and your pen, make sure that's on you at all times and-"

"Umi." Haruka chuckled. "I know, my Pen won't eave my person."

"Do you know how much trouble I went through to get you that Pen? If you lose it so help me Serenity-"

"I won't lose it, Umi, I promise."

"Alright...I love you, Haruka, keep me updated."

"I love you too. I'll keep you posted."