Growing Bonds

DREAM

In the far reaches of space, on a solitary planet second last in the Milky Way, one figure stood tall, alone. It had been years since Neptune had been tasked with protecting her kingdom from afar. Neptune had matured over the years she had remained on her planet. Seven years, standing still, her eyes never leaving her Deep Aqua Mirror. Neptune was now fourteen-years-old, and in those seven years alone, she had no contact from anyone. 'It's been so long...' Neptune thought. 'So long without Silver Millennium...' The Deep Aqua Mirror shimmered and showed an image of Silver Millennium, with her Queen and her Princess standing together. Neptune smiled softly. Her task was to stay stationary, for all eternity, but...Neptune longed to leave, but her duty kept her rooted on her planet's surface, never moving. The reflective surface of the Deep Aqua Mirror rippled, and Neptune's smile became sad as she gazed down at the image that had appeared. Uranus was kneeling, the tip of her Talisman, the Space Sword, was thrust into the ground and she was gripping the hilt with her hand. Neptune ran her fingers over the image of Uranus.

DREAM END

I woke up the next day, hungry as hell but not tried at all. When I finally decided to get out of bed, I could see that I had de-transformed overnight, and I was still wearing the civilian clothes I was wearing. I looked to my bed, and saw the pen and Mirror laying on the covers. I quickly put them into my tote bag again, and then quickly changed out of the clothes I fell asleep in and then changed into a more casual outfit. I put on a pale blue sundress and wrapped a white belt around my waist. I pulled out a pair of white, heeled sandals that I was going to leave at the door before heading to breakfast. I did just that, setting the shoes in the genkan and setting my tote bag down before returning to the dining hall. I froze in the doorway. Dad was sitting at the table. I took a deep breath. Clasping my hands behind my back, I stepped into the room. I walked over to my side of the table. I bowed to my Father before sitting down. I ate silently, avoiding eye contact. "Umi." Father started. The room was silent, so his words echoed through the room. I tensed. "I heard that you spent ten thousand yen on a mirror."

"Yes..." I muttered. Father threw his cutlery down, and I flinched.

"Ten thousand yen." Father muttered, "Ten thousand yen...where is it?"

"It was a present for someone."

"I want it back, get it back."

"But, Father-"

"But nothing, Umi, get me that mirror." Father stood, shoving his chair back and stalking away from the table. I blinked, trying to rid my eyes for the tears that decided they want to escape. I stood quickly, abandoning my breakfast. I ran to the front door, hastily slipping on my shoes before grabbing my tote bag and racing out the door.

I soon found myself walking through the streets, and I heard a whole load of girls screaming

I soon found myself walking through the streets, and I heard a whole load of girls screaming. I turned to the sound and saw them heading towards the racing tracks. I got curious, and I decided to follow them. I stood in the stands, watching the cars as they did laps upon laps around the track. I kept an eye on one particular car, which sped around the tracks at crazy speeds. Pretty soon, it stopped, and after a second, the driver got out. They took off their helmet and sandy blonde hair fell out. My eyes widened. "Haruka..." I whispered. The parade of girls to my right were screaming like maniacs, calling his name. Haruka's eyes swept across the crowd of girls, before they landed on me. Haruka's face broke into a grin. Haruka tucked his helmet under his arm and approached me.