4. 2nd Year

Cassie had a slightly more unsual summer than most. She had been planning on becoming an animagi. Sure it was illegal and many things could go wrong and she could potentially be stuck in an inbetween stage for the rest of her life, but hey, small worries.

Regulus had found out and begged for her to help him become one too, even though he was barely a first year. However, when it came to him blackmailing her about exposing what she'd been doing, well... that's what got both Black siblings to this moment, outside, in a storm, ready to say an incantation to become animals.

"What do you think your animagus is going to be?" Regulus asked, trying to hide his nerves. He couldn't really back out now, but the didn't mean he wasn't thinking about it.

"Well I heard that your animagus matches your patronus so probably a wolf," she shrugged as she squinted. They walked further into the woods and she could feel Regulus shaking by her side. "Hey, everything's going to be fine."

He narrowed his eyes at her, "Really, we're in the dark forest about to do something illegal!"

"We've done illegal stuff before, what do you think the training is for?" She asked him in an obvious tone. She would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't also nervous. Any number of things could go wrong and-- she didn't even want to continue thinking of it. 

"To work for him," he mumbled, looking at the ground and kicking a rock. 

"Exactly, this will just help with that, plus think about it! If we ever reveal ourselves we'll be seen as the youngest people ever to become animagi," she told him, excitedly.  They arrived to a small clearing and she nodded her head. "Here is good."

"Okay," Regulus sighed. His sister started the incantation first and he repeated it. They repeated it three times before they look at each other waiting for something to happen. "Well? Did we do it wrong?"

"I don't think so?" Cassie told him, unsure, looking around for something to happen. Maybe they did do something wrong. 

They waited for a few more minutes before deciding to head back inside. Regulus walked a little in front of his sister until she stopped following him. "Cass? Cassie?" He asked her, in a panic. Then he felt an intense pain and fell to the forest floor.

Cassiopeia was just a few steps away on the floor as well. She opened her eyes and they glowed a bright grey almost white. Her teeth grew and fell backwards onto her back. She suddenly felt the pain stop and sat up and placed her paws on the leaves in front of her. She looked in front of her and there was a small black cat with Black eyes who meowed at her. Instead of normal cat sound she heard her brother talking.

Her eyes widened dramatically and she felt her heart beating out of her chest "We did it! You're a black cat."

"You're a wolf!" He told her, walking closer and grabbing her ears with his hands.

"Ow," she wined. "Your claws hurt you know."

Regulus removed his paws. Having actual claws was something he would have to get used to, "Sorry."

"Come on! I want to see how fast I can run!" The little black cat climbed on her back and the wolf took off further into the forest.

 They both laughed as they passed by tons of tree. She came to a stop as they heard a howl. "What was that?" Her younger brother asked, scared.

She looked around before looking up to the sky. They forgot it was full moon. "Werewolf," she whispered. She turned behind her and saw a werewolf standing there. He had fur over most of his body and where he didn't, he had patches of missing fur covered in scars. His light brown eyes that looked almost yellow illuminated in the moonlight. He came closer as he sniffs her. She stands as still as she could so that he would try and attack.