1. Train Ride

It's September 1st and this year a certain pair of twins get to go to Hogwarts, finally. They both have been waiting to go for years. Their mother on the other hand, was worried. Worried about the outcome of going to Hogwarts might have on their teachings. The oldest twin was already a reckless trouble maker, there's no telling what he could get up to. 

"Now darlings you are going to be good for mummy and daddy and get into Slytherin aren't you?" Asked the twin's mother, Walburga. This was the sweetest she had been in a while, mostly because they were in public.

" Yes mother," the two replied at the same time with the oldest giving her an eye roll, making Walburga glare at him. 

"Good, now off you go the train is about to leave," she sent them off with a pat on their backs and a shove forward. From the inside of the train they both looked out the window and waved goodbye to their younger brother, Regulus promising to write. As the train headed off the oldest bounded for a nearby compartment, his younger sister stayed by the window, terrified to leave. She was scared about going to Hogwarts, scared of not getting into Slytherin, and most of all, scared of what would happen to her brother while she wasn't there.

The oldest sighed before coming back and dragging her to a semi-empty compartment. Inside was only a boy and a girl. The girl had bright red hair and emerald green eyes. The boy had  messy hair was wearing glasses and had hazel eyes.

The girl looked like she had been crying as her eyes were red and she didn't want to look at them. Without a word Cassie sat down across from her as her brother sat down close to the window and across from the boy.

"I'm James Potter, " he said sticking out his hand that Sirius hesitantly took.

"I'm Sirius Black," Sirius smiled at him.

"I'm Cassie," she introduced and shook James's hand. Sirius looked like he had just won the lottery with friends and started talking to him immediately as they looked out the train window.

That was when another boy opened the compartment door. He had black hair, black eyes, and his skin was very pale. He looked straight at the crying red-head.

She glanced at him and then looked back out of the window. "I don't want to talk to you," she said in a constricted voice.

"Why not?"

"Tuney h–hates me. Because we saw that letter from Dumbledore."

"So what?"

She threw him a look of deep dislike.

"So she's my sister!"

"She's only a—" He caught himself quickly; Lily, too busy trying to wipe her eyes without being noticed, did not hear him.

"But we're going!" he said, unable to suppress the exhilaration in his voice. "This is it! We're off to Hogwarts!"

She nodded, mopping her eyes, but in spite of herself, she half smiled.

"You'd better be in Slytherin," said Snape, encouraged that she
had brightened a little.

"Slytherin?" James asked. He hadn't looked at either one of them until now and was glancing around the compartment.  "Who wants to be in Slytherin? I think I'd leave, wouldn't
you?" James asked Cassie's brother who was lounging in the seat across from him comfortably.

"Our whole family's in Slytherin," Sirius replied with a shrug. James looked absolutely offended like Sirius had just slapped him in the face. 

"Blimey and I thought you two were alright," James remarked, giving both of them a disgusted look. So much for calming everyone down.