11. Quidditch

It was the first game of the year and the Slytherin team was nervous. Warrington was not a great captain and they were down one of their best chasers.

Everyone had woken up earlier than they normally would for a weekend. Theo and Den were down in the common room by 8 where Regulus was sitting on the couch, reading.

"Hey," he acknowledges them as they sit down next to him.

"Hey you ready for today's game?" Theo asks him, picking up a pen that was left on the table and spinning it around in his hand. Regulus lowered his book and scoffed. Theo nodded with a disappointed look, "Me neither we are going to be crushed."

"Why?" Someone asks them from behind. They all turned around to see Warrington standing there with an obvious smirk on his face. "Are you afraid of little Hufflepuffs or are you so bad that you need a GIRL, a slut for that matter to carry you to victory."

Regulus slowly put down his book and by the end of his statement, half of the house had spread out around the common room to get the day started and were watching the altercation.

"Say one more thing against my sister, I dare," he said, getting up and facing him, calmly. "I have had just about enough of you. Would you treat any other member of the Black Family like this?" Regulus asked, rhetorically. He knew he wouldn't. No one would admit it, but they talked about them behind their backs. They were secretive and everyone liked to hate on them in secret, but were too scared of them to say it to their face and always jumped at the opportunity to marry into the family if they had the chance.

"This isn't a family mat--"

"Like hell it isn't," Regulus glared. "You made it an issue when you decided to be an absolute prat. You've now threatened her, called her a slut, and kicked her off the team. Now, you may be my captain, but I would watch your back on your broom today out on the field." Warringotn didn't make any move of being scared by slowly licking his lips and glared at Regulus, walking away without another word.

-

After a tense breakfast with all of the houses glaring at one another, the teams headed out to the locker rooms to get ready for the match. The team spent about an hour in the locker room, going over some last minute things before they lined up.

They were at the gates, hearing Hufflepuff fly out, "This year's Hufflepuff team Captain Diggory with Chasers Abbott, Hargreeves, and Bones. Beaters Calquin and Keeper Gweldyn." Everyone cheers as they come out and circle the pitch. Then we get the signal to come out and fly out onto the pitch.

"Now the Slytherins with Captain Warrington with chasers Carrow, Burke, and Nott. Beaters Crabbe and Goyle and Seeker Black." The team could barely hear any cheers and mostly hissing and booing over the commenters.

"You Suck Warrington!" Someone shouted loudly from the stands, making most of the Slytherin team snicker.

Then madam Hooch stands in the middle of both teams.

"Now I want a nice clean game. Hopefully no one in the hospital wing either. Now captains shake hands." Warrington goes and shakes hands with Wood. Wood hisses in pain right after. It looked like Warrington tried to break his hand, but he just shook it off.

"Alright now on my whistle you will take off." She blows the whistle and once we're up there she releases the quaffle. Immediately Carrow grabs the ball with everyone tailing after him. Soon he gets surrounded and has no chance of scoring but Theo is under him waiting for him to drop the ball. Which never happened. He just keeps going for the goals. From the sidelines, you could see Flint screaming at him, Zabini was looking bored, and Cassie just looked dumbfounded.