28. Relax

Their exams went smoothly for the next couple days, although the fifth years were too tired to talk to one another, they did keep adding to the bank of questions from the exam for next year's fifth years.

They finished Potions, then Care of Magical Creatures, then Astronomy, then Arithmancy, then History.

It was two weeks of basically hell.

Then, they only had 2 weeks of classes left. The ball usually happened during this time. Cassie always wondered why not many fifth years went, now she gets it.

They were exhausted after spending so much time studying and testing, she felt like she could sleep forever. She was even curled up in a ball on one of the chairs in the common room while most of the fifth and seventh years were having quiet time.

"Okay, so for the ball–"

"NO!" All of the fifth years in the room yelled at Izzy who rolled her eyes.

She laid back against her chair as Regulus, Barty, and Evan started laughing. Camilla shrugged. "I'm going so you can go with me if you want?"

Izzy shook her head, "I'm tired, plus I have my ball in a few weeks anyway."

Cassie barely opened her eyes and looked at her, "then why did you mention it?" Izzy looked over at her and sighed.

"I thought we would miss something."

"We won't," Theo scoffed. "It's just the Fourth years and sixth years. I was confused last year, but now I get it."

Everyone around him nodded, not even trying to move or say anything. Izzy never liked to be out of the loop of anything, she always liked to know, "but the other fifth years are celebrating."

Aries chuckled, "you mean the Gryffindors, the Puffs are chilling in their dorms trying to recoup and the Ravenclaws are still in shock that exams are over. I saw one of them just writing their exam over and over again on random sheets of parchment, it looked like they hadn't slept in weeks, Flitwick had to send her to the Hospital wing." Cassie could feel that, she felt like they had some kind of adrenaline getting them through the exam and now that was gone.

Evan looked at all of them confused, "why don't you just sleep." Ash glared at him angrily.

He was practically shaking and wanted to kill him. "Don't you dare say that, because I want to sleep so bad I might just choke myself so I  pass out," he made a choking motion with his hands and Regulus put his hands over his, trying not to laugh at him.

Cassie turned to Evan who looked scared for his life, "so we don't mess up our sleep schedule and get our parents mad at us." Evan nodded and went back to watching Barty and Regulus play exploding snaps.

~

The two weeks couldn't pass quick enough and everyone was back in King's Cross ready to go back home. Cassie knew her mother was going to be mad, but she really wasn't going to force Sirius to come back home when he didn't want to.

The two Black siblings stepped off the train and collected their trunks and headed over to their mother who was waiting for them with a stern look on her face, glaring at anyone who dressed in muggle clothes.

Both children stopped in front of her and she looked at the expectantly, "He'll be back next year," Cassie told her and Walburga scoffed and shook her head.

"So you failed?"

"I think you failed as a mother," Regulus counted and Cassie's head snapped over to him in Surprise. Walburga glared at the both of them and snatched his wrist.

"I think we'll have a talk about respect when we get home," she smiled evilly. His sister sighed and knew exactly what was going to happen.