26. Careers

The middle of April was the last Slytherin match of the year, which they won. Now, it was all up to what the score would be for the last match, what was guaranteed though, was that Hufflepuff lost.

Gryffindor and Slytherin were tied before their third match, both having gotten the same amount of points in their last game. Ravenclaw was in third, close behind, so it really all depended on the points for the last game which three would win.

Unfortunately, with exams so close, it was also now time for Career meetings with their heads of house.

Cassie wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her future, what she was most likely going to do was be a housewife, but what she wanted was different.

She wanted to play quidditch then settle down and probably run a potion shop or something else.

There was also the possibility of when she got older becoming a ministry official or a professor.

She just wished she actually had options. Of course, she was going to lie to Slughorn and pretend she actually had a future so they wouldn't try and send an OWL home to her parents.

Each person was given time to discuss it. Cassie was today after potions so she just stayed behind and helped Slughorn clean up. "We can just start your meeting now," he laughed happily. "So, do you wish to do anything with potions?" He asked, hinting and Cassie laughed.

She gave a little nod as she placed some ingredients back in the supply closet, "I was thinking about it. To be honest though, I was looking at trying out for quidditch professionally for a few years."

"Oh!" Slughorn said in a happily surprised tone. "Well, I have seen some truly remarkable stuff from you this year, terrible last year with what was his name– Warrington." Cassie nodded sadly, she hated it too.

"Yeah, but I would obviously need something after," she reminded him. If she was good enough and got a lot of money, she could live off of that and she was already rich, but she wanted to do something to fill her time. "So I was thinking maybe a ministry official, something to do with Dark Arts or law-making."

"Sounds perfectly achievable," he laughed, grabbing his clipboard. "For professional Quidditch players, it's preferable for them to be playing 2 or more years at Hogwarts or otherwise before trying out for a team and to have some leadership, but no NEWT or OWL requirements from that."

Cassie listened closely as she cleaned off the tables from the last class. "For ministry officials, it's different for each, for law-making. They require an OWL in History of Magic, and for you to have at least 2 NEWTS in other subjects." He then flipped through a couple pages and found the one for Dark Arts, practicing, containing, and others, it was all one job and required a lot of very skilled people, "It requires obviously a NEWT in Defense, preferable a NEWT in Potions and in Transfiguration and they especially look for someone who also excels in Charms." Cassie smiled and Slughorn removed his glasses. "With your grades, I don't see why those wouldn't be perfectly reachable. Any of them would be lucky to have you."

Cassie laughed and gave him a grateful smile, "What if I were to take your job?" She asked jokingly.

"Well, of course, I'm getting old, first you would need to outlast me," he laughed, also joking. "Then to impress Dumbledore and Minerva, you would need a NEWT in Transfiguration and in of course again, Potions. Perfectly achievable again– well, you would also need a clean record at Hogwarts for the most part, but you're not like some of the other students."

Cassie laughed again, "Well any more questions?" He asked her. "Any more careers, although, I think you're right for whatever you decide."

She looked around the room and tried to think of anything else and looked back at her head of house, "no, I think that's it, thank you." Slughorn laughed.