21. Leaving

Cassie woke up the next day with a terrible headache. It was already late in the afternoon when she made her way out of the room. Her court had slept over again and they all looked as equally tired as her when they left their rooms and walked down stairs.

They were all sitting in the living room, except for Camilla who decided to leave earlier in the morning, drinking coffee to wake up when Cassie looked at everyone.

"Where's Sirius?" She questioned and they all shrugged, looking around.

"Must still be in his room," Izzy guessed, she placed her empty cup on the coffee table and got up. "Well, it's been lovely, had an amazing time, but Ash and I have to go if we want to make it before our parents head to our manor without us."

"Alright, see you guys later," Cassie waved. Ash kissed Regulus on the cheek before they both headed up stairs to collect their belongings.

Pandora sighed dramatically as she laid over Regulus, "I guess it must be time for us to go as well."

Regulus laughed at her and she giggled as her and her brother got up to leave as well. The two black siblings sat in silence and just stared off into the distance before Regulus looked over at his older sister. "Should I check if he's alive?"

Cassie shook her head, closing her eyes, "no, he might kill you for waking him up."

Regulus snorted and took a sip of his coffee as Sirius came tumbling down the stairs in messed up clothes and his hair over his face. He passed Regulus, taking his coffee and sitting next to his sister on the couch. "HEY!" Regulus shouted, but Cassie just handed him her coffee.

Sirius smiled, but she glared at him and took a sip of the cup in his hand. "That's mean."

Cassie just shrugged, rolling her eyes. "So you want to talk about you getting married?" Sirius suggested.

She groaned, "Not particularly. Not happening for a couple years, I just promised to be engaged, which could still fall through if he decides to be a dick." Sirius sighed.

"Fiiiiiiine," he drew out, looking disappointed. "I should probably go soon."

Both his siblings looked at him and he raised his hands a little, "I'm not here to be verbally assaulted for the rest of break." Cassie sighed a little, she knew it was true, but it felt nice to just sit there and talk like they used to.

"Yeah, okay, when do you want to leave?" She asked him, leaning against the arm of the couch.

Sirius gave her a little shrug, "Probably a little before dinner." He stood up and walked into the kitchen. He came back a few minutes later with a couple sandwiches in his hand. "I'll be down to say goodbye before I leave, but I'm gonna take a nap, I wanna sleep off this hangover before I see the Potters." He walked slowly back up the stairs, leaving his siblings to go back to sitting in silence.

"Good party," Regulus commented. Cassie nodded. "Yeah, it was good."

~

Unfortunately, it seems that the oldest Black kid was more tired than he thought. He had slept through the rest of the day. Sirius woke up and cursed. It was way past dinner, Euphemia was probably worried, James was probably ready to barge into his house and he really didn't want to go down stairs and see his parents, but he had to.

He sighed and got off his bed and grabbed his back pack which had his party clothes, wand, extra set of clothes, and shoes. It also had some trash, but he ignored that.

He closed his door and quietly but quickly made his way down the stairs. He had to walk past the dining room where he tried not to make eye contact with his mother who was walking out. "Where do you think you're going?" She asked him.