9. The Start of Classes

The first day of classes always sucks. Having to get up early and getting ready with a bunch of girls you already know want to stab you in the back. Usually though, Cassie walks with a few of her friends to breakfast and their classes. 

She finds Theo and Den in the common room, mostly likely procrastinating having to leave for class "Hey, you guys ready to head to breakfast?" She asks them as she walks down the stairs. 

Densel gives her the most heated look he could've at that moment, "Oh yes, terribly excited for classes to start, homework, and best of all tests."  He dramatically stands up from his seat with a giant huff and grabbed his school bag-- that Cassie was sure only had maybe one book in it.

"Hey be grateful I drilled it into your head last year to get up early for practice or else you would've missed breakfast and probably sleep through first," Cassie tells him. Theo just looks at them with an amused face.

After breakfast the three friends head to DADA. Every year they get a new teacher. They were just hoping the year's is a good one. She sits down next to Theo with Den choosing to sit next to Izzy

"Alright, everyone this year we will be talking about curses." The new professor says walking in. "I'm Professor Drease. You will address me as such." The three of them share a look as do most of the kids in class. If he thinks he's getting respect from a bunch of teenagers he's dreaming.
"Now, today we will be learning about the three unforgivable curses. Does anyone know why they are called the unforgivable curses?" He asks looking around. Several students put their hands up including Theo and Cassie. "You," he says pointing at James. 

"Because using them will give you a one way ticket to Azkaban," he says confidently. 

"Correct Mr..." he trails off.

"Potter" James answers.

"Now does anyone know what the three curses are?" He asks. Again most of the people raise their hands. Most are Slytherins which makes the house look bad. 

"You," he says pointing to Remus. What is with him picking Gryffindors?

"There's the imperious curse," he answers. "It is the curse that can take complete control over a person's body.

"Correct Mr..." He trails off again.

"Lupin," the scared boy tells him. "Remus Lupin."

"Very good, now next." he looks around before looking at Cassie. "You."

"There's the cruciatus curse sir," she tell him looking into his eyes. "It's a spell used to torture people, sometimes even into insanity." Theo looked at her through the corner of his eyes and she looks back with a smirk. 

"Correct Ms..." He trails off although she was sure he knew her name. 

"Black, Cassiopeia Black."

"Now does anyone know the last curse?" He looks around and no one put their hand up so he calls on someone. It's Sirius.

"You, what's your name?" He asks.

"Sirius Black. Professor."

"Ah twins?" He asks.

"Yes," they both answer at the same time. Everyone turns to look at the two. Some with scared looks. Many people didn't know they could do the thing about speaking at the same time because they didn't do it often enough for people to see.

"Do you know the last curse?" He asks even though from their last name he should know they know them. Maybe he's just testing them. Their parents always had their ways of getting information on their kids even when they weren't around.