14. Dance

The boys were hanging out in the Slytherin common room together a few weeks before March, which was the yearly dance for 4th years and older, it was the first year they were officially allowed to go, although they had gone before. 

They were playing a game of exploding snap. "Wait a minute," Den stops them in the middle of the game and they all looked at him.

"What?" Regulus asked, confused. This was the first time in a while that none of them had much homework or studying to do for tests so what could he have forgotten.

"None of you have dates," he laughed and Evan scoffed at the reminder.

Ash kicks his chair, "Of course we have dates. "

"But Cassie said she didn't want to go with anyone," Den raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

"Well then sucks for Theo he's on his own," Ash shrugs going back to the game

"Well it shouldn't be that bad going alone it's not like it's embarrassing or anything. Most of the time people who go together don't stay together at the end of the dance anyway," Theo says. The dance really isn't that big of a deal to him or the rest of them. They just go because it's fun. For some girls they've been dreaming of going for years and sometimes in third year grab older dates so they can go.

Just then the door opens and Izzy and Cassie both walk in, carrying bags. "Hey, how was finding dresses?" Barty asked, giving them a look. He wanted them to have brought back sweets.

"It was good. Dora looks amazing. I also found you some new dress robes. I knew yours were getting kind of short," Cassie answers him and drops a bag on her brother's lap.

He nodded as he looked inside of the bag, "nice."

Izzy smirked and smiled kindly, "I got sweets." Each of their heads snapped over and she laughed. "not for you," she sang, teasing as she ran away with Cassie up to the girl's dorms.

~

The rest of February was pretty boring. They wouldn't have another quidditch match to play in until May. The team had fought Warrington for control of the team and won. Once Slughorn saw how great they played last match, he officially kicked Warrington off the team and reinstated Flint as Captain.

The dance came up fast and everyone was rushing around for dates. The Slytherins though it was hilarious to watch the Gryffindors as they were asking out their dates and tease them if someone said no. By the week of the dance though, mostly everyone had a date. Some third years even have dates with seventh years. Disgusting. It was all they could talk about according to Evan as they had been going around to brag to every 3rd year. They were so proud that they can go to the dance because a fully grown adult asked a child to be their date.

That's what made Cassie eventually ask Evan to be her date and convinced Izzy to take Barty. Then, they could at least attend the dance. Which is also why Pandora got some Hufflepuff to take her.

Cassie was sitting in the common room talking to Ash as Izzy ran down the stairs. "We need to start getting ready!" She stresses.

"Why? The dance doesn't start for another 4 hours," Ash states. The girl next to him scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Izzy rolls her eyes too. "We need to look presentable Asheron. Now if you don't mind I'm taking my best friend to get dressed, let Pandora in when she gets here." She grabbed Cassie and pulled her up the stairs. "Alright we'll both shower, do our nails and a facemask, then I can start on our hair and we can both do our makeup."