17. Quidditch Captain

Today's the first Quidditch match of the year. Of course, this was Cassie's first game as Slytheirn captain and she was going against James Potter, captain of Gryffindor quidditch team. Everyone knew they were huge rivals ever since they both joined quidditch as chasers so it was a hot topic for a while in anticipation for the match.

She woke up early with the rest of the team to make sure that they all get down to breakfast. She was the first one to get down to the locker room and get dressed and waited for the rest ofthe team to arrive.  "Alright! Now, Theo, Den we're going to be running the first play. You know what to do. Reserves be on standby Gryffindor gets rough. Watch your backs, they've been practicing as much as we have. You know this is Potter's entire life. Some last minute things, no playing dirty, have fun, and most importantly– don't be afraid to get hurt or to hurt them back," Cassie gave them a smirk and they cheered, giving each other high-fives.

Distantly, she could hear the announcement for the game to begin and lined up all the players in order for them to fly out. Reggie stands next to his as they grin at each other, this was going to be an exciting game for them. "And for Slytherin–" Remus yells as the curtain opens. Cassie takes off first with Regulus by her side as the rest kick off as well. "We have captain Cassiopeia Black as Chaser with Regulus Black as Seeker, Theodore Nott and Densel Burke as Chasers, Aries Zabini as Keeper, Asher Parkinson and Rabstian Lestrange as Beaters, and Camille Greengrass, Evan Rosier, and Barty Crouch Jr. as reserves."

They circle the pitch as Gryffindor does it in the opposite direction. Then Cassie heads for the ground and stops a few feet from James. Slytheirn and Gryffindors reserves' walk off to their holding place. Madam Hooch comes in between both captain, "Now, I want a nice clean game... from all of you," looking at each of them individually. Cassie and James keep their eyes on one another until James looks back to Sirius who's looking between both his siblings. Cassie smirks at him and he makes a face at her.

She walks forward with her hand held out and James walks forward as well.

"Good luck, you're going to need it," James smirks, taking her hand. She laughs, squeezing his hand tightly, enough to turn it red, "We'll see about that Potter."

Both captains back away and Madam Hooch blows her whistle once for both teams to be in the air. She blows it again while throwing the quaffle. Den grabs in and both sets of chasers rush after him.  Out of the corner of her eye, Cassie could see the snitch being relased and Regulus's eyes following it. She takes a deep breath and focuses back on Den. She gets closer as one of the Gryffindors knock him off his broom. The quaffle is caught by James and Cassie was close enough to make sure that Den didn't fall more than a few feet and got him back on his broom. 

She looked around, wondering why Hooch didn't call a penlty and it was because of a bludger. Her mouth dropped in shock, but also pleasant surprise, they were playing dirty. Using bludgers to piss the Slytherins off and get them to lash out. 

The snake glares at James as he races down the field. She dives, gaining on him as the ball starts to slip from his grasp. Theo is slightly ahead of Cassie and chases after Marlene as James passes to her.  Den yells and Cassie turns to the right just in time to see a small metal ball coming straight for her head. She closes her eyes and all she feels is a breeze and opens her eyes. Ash was directly in front of her and the ball was soaring in the opposite direction.

They nod at one another and she rushes back towards James. The Potter boy nods towards Cassie's brother and he launches a bludger at Zabini as Marlene gets close enough which gives her enough time to score.

The Black girl scoffs and hits the edge of her broom. She flies towards Zabini, "Hey, Aries, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good, didn't hit!" He yells back, getting into his place. She nods as the ball gets launched back into the air. Marlene is the first to grab it and winks at the Slytherin captain before flying away.