7. Summer Fun

Cassie was bored. She didn't have much to do other than read and practice magic. She finished her homework in the first week, not wanting to deal with it.

Her parents were more busy with their work. Their mother helped with their finances while their father was at work, which he didn't have to do much of since they were so rich, it was mostly to keep their status and power. 

She didn't really have too much freedom to go see her friends other than Izzy and Ash, that she saw at least once every other week. Sure they met up a few times over the summer, but not that often, they all had their own families and lessons. She was currently hiding out in the library. Sirius was getting yelled at for what felt like the fifth time that day. He didn't spend time at home either. He was at the Potters, not that their parents knew it.

Regulus was a table away, writing a letter. "Who is it for?" She asked and they both glanced up.

"For my friend Evan- the Rosier's son, he wants to introduce me to his friend Pandora in Ravenclaw," Regulus answered as he dipped his quill back in the pot of ink.

Cassie looked confused, "you mean the Lestrange sister?" Regulus nodded. "Wow, not like her brother is married to our cousin or anything."

He rolled his eyes, "You know what he means. It's not like we know her personally." Cassie shrugged as she turned back to her book, it was about magical creatures. She had always loved thestrals. They were so misunderstood with not being able to be seen by most people. She also loved Bowtruckles though. They were adorable.

"You think Sirius has left yet?" Regulus asked her, he usually got tired of being yelled at and just left and stayed at one of his friend's houses.

Cassie turned towards the door and held up a finger, "1 second–"

"CASSIOPEIA!" A screech came from their mother.

"Now, he's gone," she told him, getting up from her chair and closing her book. She took out her wand and levitated it back to the bookshelf. Regulus sighed and folded his letter, putting it in his pocket.

"I'll get the potion started," he said with no emotion as they both exited the library. Cassie walked to her mother's sewing room where her mother was pacing, looking like she was about to blow steam out of her ears.

"You wanted to see me," Cassie told her with a straight face, holding her hands behind her back. Her mother snapped over to her.

"Do not back talk me, I've had enough from your brother," her mother growled, backing Cassie into the wall. Whenever she got like this it was usually better to just agree to whatever she said, it wouldn't be as bad that way.  Cassie looked her in the eyes, "Yes ma'am," she answered.

Her mother scoffed, pacing around the room again, "it's enough Sirius went and made himself a disappointment, sometimes I wonder whose son he is, now you– our daughter– is on the quidditch team."

It wasn't the fact that she was the first girl on the team, there had been plenty of girls on the Quidditch team, even captains, just never one of the sacred 28, especially not a Black.

"One of the best players," Cassie muttered lowly. Her mother grabbed her wand from her desk, pointing it at her daughter.

"CONFRINGO!"

~

About half an hour later Walburga had finished with her, and Cassie was left in her mother's office, sitting against the wall. Regulus sighed, slowly opening the door. He squeezed his hand into a fist as he saw his sister, it still always made him mad. He sat down next to her and handed her the potion.