5. Quidditch Tryouts

~Year 3 ~

Cassie was extremely nervous. Today was tryouts for the Slytherin quidditch team. She always loved quidditch, but was too scared to try out. However, they had several openings so if she was going to do it, she needed to do it now. Although, if she didn't do well her Mum and Dad will be mad and embarrassed that she even tried out, now she understood Ash's reluctance to tryout in the first place. She walked out to the pitch with her brother in the gear that they were given and told to change into. Everyone met in the middle waiting for the captain, who was getting the equipment.

They then see Flint (a sixth year) walk up with the two beaters (Crabbe and Goyle) from last year that were carrying the trunk of quidditch balls and bats.

"Alright. Everyone shut up!" He yells out then looks at the new recruits with a stone-cold face. He was actually one of the nicer Slytherins, he was just insanely competitive. He was also really good, everyone thought he would become a professional one day. "We only need 3 chasers, a seeker, and two reserves that can play decent in each position." He then walks in front of Crabbe and says, "All seekers line up here," Regulus and a few others move over there. Then he walks up the Goyle "All chasers line up here." Cassie and a bunch of others walk over to that line. While Flint was writing down their names and what position they were trying out for on a clipboard. Cassie looked over to the stands and swore that she saw four Gryffindors whispering to each other.  

"You are in these lines because this is the position you want, but you will be trying out for each position." He then scanned over the crowed. "I booked the field for tryouts for three days and then we also have the rest of the week to practice. They allowed it because we need more than half a team and time to train them. First day, is how well you fly and how well you do in your position. If I don't tell you to show up tomorrow, consider yourself cut."

He took a breath, hesitating to build tension. "Second day, you will switch positions see how well you do in each one, if you do well in one but don't in another that is okay you will still have a chance. If you are good/ decent in each I will consider you for reserve. Third day, I will have cut most of you the last of you will do a scrimmage and see how well you work together. DOES EVERYONE UNDERSTAND?" he asked while finishing his explanation. Everyone nodded.

One of the fourth years raised their hands.  "Yes?" Flint asked.

"What if you are really good in more than one position?" He asked bragging with a smirk on his face while he nudged his friend's elbow. 

"Well then whichever one you're better in or which one needs the better player is the one you'll be in," he answered, looking around for anymore hands. When he didn't find any, he called out, "Alright let's get started."

He clapped his hands, and everyone mounted their brooms. They waited until he blew his whistle and took off. Cassie blew past everyone with Regulus right next to her the entire time. They flew around the stands 10 times with Flint watching everyone closely. After he blew his whistle again, everyone lined back up in the middle of the pitch. 

"Alright now for the first hour I will test the main seekers who want this position." Three or four people including Regulus walk up. Flint walks up to the chest and picks up a golden ball.

"This is the snitch we will do 5 rounds and you must try and beat your other competitors to catch it. Got it?" They all nod, and he releases the Snitch.

They all rush after hit, shoving one another when anyone gets close. Soon enough someone got the snitch after pushing past Regulus. He made eye contact with Cassie, and she mimicked taking a deep breath and he copied her before flying off.  Cassie knew that he could do it, she was certain he was the best one there. All of the Black siblings were incredibly good at quidditch and could play any position but were just better in some. Sirius in beater, Cassie as a chaser, and Regulus as seeker. Although, most people on Gryffindor team just use Sirius as a distraction. He sings and throws the other players off their game. He has so much talent and that's how they're using it. When Cassie found out, she was appalled and spent the entire game shouting.