3. Year 1

The year went by fast. As Cassie had suspected her brother and his dumb friends caused a lot of trouble. They were now known as the pranksters of Hogwarts and gave themselves a name, The Marauders. They are particularly mean to Severus probably because he hangs around with Lily so much and James is basically in love with her.

Cassie had also become increasingly curious about one of his specific friends, Remus Lupin. He kept disappearing, using the excuse that his mother was sick, it was only every other month, but it was certainly a pattern.

Sirius didn't get disowned over the school year, but he did get a howler. It was very embarrassing for him, but his friends were there, which was acutally very annoying for his sister. 

Luckily, though both of them passed their exams. While all the teachers praised Lily for her skills, Cassie and Asher made their way to the top of the class and Lily and Izzy tied for second. Cassie hadn't spoken to the red-head since the boat ride. Lily was always nice to her though and Cassie wasn't horrible to her in exchange.

~

Everyone was getting on the train ready to leave and saying goodbye to others. Cassie grabbed a compartment with Izzy and Ash. She stayed quiet, reading her book about animgi. She had also secretly taken a mandrake leaf in the hope that she could try and become one.

Before long they made it to the station. She grabbed her trunk and waited by the wall for Sirius.

He walked off the train with James, Remus, and Peter. He was really sad to leave and was very scared for the summer. There was no telling what his parents would do to him. He didn't even go home for Christmas break.

He was happy to talk to his sister again as he hadn't really found the time to during the school year and he really missed her.

~Flashback~

Sirius had caught back up the rest of the first year group that was being given a tour of the castle. "Hey mate where have you been?" Asked James.

"Just talking to my sister," he answered as he looked around at all the paintings around the pair.

"Aw mate, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but no matter how much you want to believe it she's just like the rest of them and will leave you too sooner or later," James tells him sympathetically.

"Nah, you're wrong. I may be the older one, but she's always looked out for my brother and I since we were young, and I don't think anything's going to change that," Sirius tells him and then they finally reach Gryffindor tower.

"Boy's dorms are on the right, girls are on the left and names are on the doors," The Prefect ends his speech. Sirius headed up stairs and read all of the labels to see that he was in a dorm with James, Remus, Peter, and Frank Longbottom.

~

Later that night...

Everyone else was asleep, but Sirius just couldn't fall asleep. He wouldn't admit this to anyone, but he was scared when his parents disowned him. Reggie and Cass have always been the favorites and the well-mannered ones. He started crying quietly and hoped that soon this feeling would go away.

~ Flashback over~

"See you after break; don't forget to owl, and maybe you could stay with us for a while," says James.

"Nah, I don't think my parents will say yes. You know how strict they are," Sirius tell him sadly, looking down a little, feeling bad.

"No matter, I'll see you next year. Bye," he hugs his new best friend before hugging the other two and heading to his parents.