Chapter Six

Something was wrong. Very, very, wrong. 

Cass was in Hong Kong when the feeling, the very wrong feeling washed over her. 

She didn't know what is was. Was this -what was it Tim had said? Intuition?- yes, intuition. Something was wrong with someone she loves. 

So why isn't anyone telling her anything?

Every message, phone call, everything she could possibly think of to get into contact with her  family came back unanswered. Ignored. Disregarded. 

She was on edge. 

So, she got on the fastest plane to Gotham, heart heavy with confusion and fear. 

What was making her feel this way?

And why did it scare her so much?

...

The Titans were all at the tower, exhausted after a long day of school and crime fighting. 

Kon was sitting across from Cassie, a board game between them as Bart ran about, offering food and altogether being a chaos demon when he heard it. 

Heard Tim's heart start to slow past what was normal. 

Kon always kept close tabs on his friends, not to much, he didn't want to be creepy or anger some of his more... private friends (*cough cough* Tim *cough cough*) but he always was listening. 

He was only one call away and they all knew it, they all knew that as long as they needed him, he would be there. 

He came back front he dead, didn't he? Nothing could stop him from protecting his friends. 

And he hadn't seen Tim since he died, so Kon was on edge. He'd only come back to life a week ago, and he had no clue how he was supposed to talk to Tim if the guy kept thinking he was a hallucination. 

Nothing Kon or Bart did could convince their Robin, Tim, that they weren't dead. That they were back. 

And so Kon was listening more closely than usual. 

And now he knew that choice was right. 

Because Tim's heart just slowed. 

He was up and running in an instant, throwing the table the board game sat on into the air, scattering random pieces all over the room. 

"Kon?" Cassie asked, also standing. "What is it? What's wrong?" 

Bart was looking at him in worry, and Kon briefly acknowledged the fact that Gar and Raven had come running into the room. 

"Tim's heart is stopping." 

It was like the last tendril of calm had snapped when he spoke those four words that he hadn't realized he'd feared so much until he spoke them. The room burst into a flurry of movement, Kon and Bart racing out of the room, Cassie at their heels as they headed towards Gotham at inhuman speed. Raven and Gar were calling Nightwing, their hearts in their heads as they all tried to come to terms with what was happening.