Ch. 3

It was now 2 days until the Wedding, 2 days until Ra's would find out where they were. 

2 days of preparing for  the worst and the best simultaneously. 

So, to put it simply, a very stressful 2 days. 

The wedding would take place Friday Evening at Wayne Manor, in a clearing in the woods out back.

It would be a small family gathering, with a few close friends, and wouldn't be accessed by the public. 

The after-party, however, was different. Dick and Babs had decided to have 2 of them. One where their friends and family from all over could come, and not have to hide their powers. It would be located at the Mountain. The other would be open to the public, where the press and the police force and a few others would be joining them. Each party would last about an hour each, and then the Wayne's would retire into their home. The next morning, Dick and Babs would be on their way to their honey-moon in Sweden. 

It would be a beautiful wedding, indeed. 

… 

"Okay, so there's not that much left to do." Babs said, pulling out a notebook, "Tim you still need to be fitted for a suit, I'm not sure why that hasn't happened yet."

Tim looked up from his coffee in surprise. 

Babs quirked an eyebrow. "You don't know." she turned to Dick, who winced, "Why doesn't he know?"

Dick laughed awkwardly. "I… haven't told him yet."

"What the hell." Babs deadpanned, glaring at him. Dick winced again. 

"Tell me what?" Tim asked, before the argument could continue. "What's wrong?"

Babs didn't want to think about it. Didn't want to think about how he immediately thought something was wrong. 

"Dick was supposed to ask you if you wanted to be one of his groomsmen." another glare was sent to her fiance. 

"Me?" Tim looked shocked at the idea, "Why? I don't… you guys barely know me." 

"Au contraire, Tim. I know quite a lot about you. Steph had a lot of stories when she arrived."

Steph blushed, averting her eyes with everyone when Tim turned to look at her. 

Something unreadable flashed across his face before fading. So fast Barbara would've sworn she'd imagined it, if she didn't know that her head wasn't the type to imagine things. 

Hmm. 

"So, what do you say?" Dick asked, playing up the puppy eyes. "It would be awesome."

Tim looked conflicted, but eventually nodded. "I'd be honored," he whispered. 

Babs grinned, "Awesome! You'll be walking with Steph down the aisle." 

Okay, so, she was probably evil to be playing with their emotions like this, but Babs knew they'd never work on it if they didn't have to. Now she was making them have to. 

The two teens both blanched, looking at her in shock. 

"Um." Tim swallowed thickly. "Okay." 

Steph was glaring at her. Babs just smirked, and winked. 

"Great!" The Bride-to-be announced. "Next is the seating. Harley and Ivy are going to be coming as my long-lost aunts. We'll need to put them somewhere up front."

"They can sit with me." Bruce said, clearing his throat. "That's where Selina will be."

So apparently Tim and Steph weren't the only ones playing keep away with each other. 

Okay. Babs can work with this. 

"Awesome. You'll sit between Alfred and Selina."

There. Alfred will keep Bruce from running away from his feelings. 

"Jason, you're still making the cake, right?" Dick spoke up, looking at his younger brother. 

Jason nodded. "Yep. It'll be delicious."

Dick looked at Babs, Babs looked at him. 

They nodded to one another. "I think that's it. Tim, let's go get your suit. We can make a day out of it." 

Tim nodded his consent, standing up and following Dick out of the room. 

Steph turned to Babs with a look that promised vengeance. 

And while Babs is usually the Queen of prank wars, she did not like the look in Steph's eyes. A look that seemed to scream I know something you don't. 

Babs hated those looks. 

"Are you sure you want me to be a groomsman? What about one of your friends?" Tim asked, trailing after Dick, who was strolling down the sidewalk, a hop to his step. 

"Nope. I want you to be the one. You, along with Jason and Duke. You're my brother's. I wouldn't want it any other way." Dick said, glancing back. He paused at the confusion on Tim's face. "Besides, Wally will be my Groomsman of Honor or whatever it's called, so one of my friends will be up there with us. It'll be great."

Tim looked no better than before, but nodded. "Okay."

… 

"Ra's is going to come for us the night of the wedding."

"Are you sure?" 

"Positive." 

"Should we tell everyone else?" 

"No. This is their happy day. We can't ruin that for them."

"B-"

"This is something I need to do on my own. With you two."

"Okay. I can… I can help."

"Don't tell anyone."

"We won't." 

.....

Somebody's up to something.....

*starts chanting* comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment

Please, comments give me life. More comments = more inspiration = more fics