Ultimate Chicken Horse

An ode to Chicken Horse

...

"I got us a new game!" Tim announced gleefully as he came into the room, startling Damian, who quickly covered the piece of paper in front of him, which went unnoticed by the very excited teenager. "Let's go play it now, Dames!"

Damian cleared his throat and made eye contact with his older brother. "What game is it?"

Tim grinned a wicked grin. "Chicken Horse."

This could only end in chaos, if Damian's experience with Tim and his games has taught him anything.

"And what exactly is a chicken horse?"

Tim let out a chuckle. "It's a 2d platform game where you are given items to place in a map that you choose, and your objective is to try to kill the other players while trying to get to the flag on the map. It's the best."

...

Damian stared at the screen with disdain, while Tim stared at it with utter glee.

"What are we supposed to do?" Damian asked, gripping the controller tightly in his hands.

"Okay, so, there's a goal that you have to get to, and a place where you start, and as the game progresses, you will get items that either help or prohibit players from getting to the goal. It's amazing."

"Alright..." Damian said, "Bring it on?"

Tim smiled, "That's my boy."

"I am not your boy."

Tim just winked in answer.

It was time to choose their characters, now.

Damian looked over each one carefully, inwardly wondering about how odd a selection this was. Tim had already chosen the snake on a skateboard, crowing in delight when he realized the snake could become a cobra.

Damian, himself, had finally decided on the Chameleon, after careful consideration.

"Dames, go to the outfits and dress him up," Tim instructed, "You can also look at what he changes into!"

Damian carefully moved his character over, blinking in surprise when a click of B teleported him back to where the character had originated.

"Oh yeah, don't press B, like ever," Tim spoke up. "You'll pretty much never use it, I'll let you know when you do."

"What do all the controls do?" Damian asked as he tried once more to get to the outfits.

Tim was having his Cobra hop up the platforms, choosing to start off on an easy level: The Roof. "Well, A is what you will use the most. It's how you jump and choose items. R1 and L1 rotate the items. X makes you sprint, and Y makes you dance."

"Dance?" Damian questioned, as he added a green cape to his Chameleon. He let out a gasp when he went to the very bottom by accident and was suddenly an Axolotl.

"Wow, that's cool!" Tim exclaimed, moving off the platform, "and yes. Dance." He held down Y, and suddenly his character began to twirl on his skateboard.

"Oh okay." Damian said, finally settling on the gray Axolotl. They then traveled over to the Roof Platform and a countdown began.

"Ready?" Tim asked his little brother. Damian nodded, a small smile adorning his face.

Let the games begin.

...

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful!" Tim whispered in awe, as he looked over their selection of items. "So beautiful."

Damian looked faintly worried for his health.

...

"Go, go, go, go, go!!!" Damian shouted, tapping the A button repeatedly so as to escape the black hole that his brother had so lovingly placed right at the goal.

Tim grinned from the floor, as the Axolotl got sucked into the vortex.. Damian's hard work had paid off, though, when he landed on the flag as a zombie.

He let out a cheer as the caped animal began to dance, ignoring Tim's dramatic pout as the points tallied up.

...

Dick entered the room at some point, just in time to see Damian place a pendulum on a spinning honey trap.

He watched in amusement as Tim immediately died because he wasn't aware of just what Damian had done.

Damian grinned evilly as he handed Dick another remote.

Dick joined the game.

...

"Is that a train?" Dick asked, as the level loaded.

Damian and Tim made knowing eye contact, saying nothing.

They each grabbed their items, Tim and Damian placing it high up, while Dick grabbed a crumbling block and placed it low.

The game began, and both Damian and Tim moved into the air.

Dick did not, and got hit by the incoming train right off the bat.

"What the fuck." Dick said, as his zombie slowly moved out of the shadows, only to get hit by the train again. His evil brothers only giggled as their characters danced on at the flag.

...

Cass appeared randomly in the middle of a game, surprising everyone when she placed a spinning saw where everyone immediately jumps. Much to the protests of everyone.

She just winked at them.

...

"What." Jason said, coming into the room to see Damian squealing loudly as Tim stared at the screen in shock, as the cobra got hit by the train as soon as the level started. Dick was cackling on the floor, much to the chagrin of Tim. Cass was just smiling, an evil glint in her eyes.

"Don't ask." Stephanie said, from her place on the couch, a bowl of popcorn in her hands, "Just enjoy the chaos."

Jason sat down as soon as the words were out of her mouth, reaching for some popcorn as well.

...

"What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck!!" Dick was shouting.

Someone (Tim) had placed a hockey puck and a crossbow on a spinning platform, grinning maniacally as his siblings got randomly nuked via as they ran for the flag.

"Winner winner chicken dinner, suckers." he said, whooping as he was crowned "the ultimate Cobra"

They all groaned, as Stephanie threw popcorn at his head.

Damian was very happy that Tim had introduced him to this game. He suspected it would become very popular within his family.

..................

Hello, dearest readers, how have you been? 

My life has been very hectic, so I apologize that this update took so long. I can make no promises on further updates other than that they will eventually happen. I just have very little time or energy to write right now. 

In other news, I have a boyfriend now. Its very strange I'm not sure how to act about it. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you enjoy video games, I highly suggest Chicken Horse. I, myself, like very few but I LOVE THIS GAME. It is my favorite. Everything that happened in this story is something I've done. I am proud of it. I cause chaos. 

Have a wonderful day, and see you next update!