Ch. 4

The wedding had finally arrived, and Dick was bouncing with poorly contained glee. 

The venue was up and ready, and all ready guests were filtering in.

Dick was at the front, with Dinah, who at some point in time, had become an officiant for the wedding. Dick wasn't going to question how. 

"Five minutes!" Bruce announced, appearing nearby. He glanced at his oldest son, a twinkle in his eyes. "You ready?" 

Dick sighed happily, smiling goofily. "Born ready."

"Are you nervous?" 

Dick thought for a moment before shaking his head. "I know it's weird, but… no. I'm not nervous. This is… it feels right. This is what's supposed to happen."

Bruce smiled, shaking his head fondly. "I'm glad." 

The music began, and so did the wedding. 

The first to come down the aisle was Damian, carrying a blue pillow with two rings on top. He stood by Dick, looking around the venue in wonder. 

Dick's new little brother was freaking adorable. 

Ugh, this wedding is going to be amazing. 

… 

"Ten bucks says Dick cries." Tim whispered in Steph's ear, as they watched Wally lead Artemis down the aisle, sprinkling flower petals as they went. 

Dick and Babs had decided to let Wally and Artemis do the flower petals after Wally begged for hours. The couple lasted 4 days before they gave in and agreed. 

Steph scoffed. "I'm not betting against something I won't win."

Tim laughed, a pure sound that took Steph's breath away. 

Stop it, Steph. You can't do this right now.

Jason and Helena began down the path next. 

"Okay, well what about Bruce? You think he'll cry?" Tim asked. 

Steph thought for a moment. "I think so. Maybe not our Bruce, but…"

"This Bruce?" Tim nodded, looking a little melancholy, "Yeah. I think he will too." 

They went quiet, and Steph bit her tongue, glancing at him. 

"Chin up, buy wonder." she said. "We have a wedding to be in." 

Tim smiled, nodding. "Yes ma'am, girl wonder."

They walked down the aisle. 

Jason was smirking at them and Tim glared back. 

They reached the stage and separated, Steph going to stand by Helena and Tim going to Jason's side. The blonde watched as her older brother whispered something in Tim's ear, causing Tim's face to go blank and an elbow to go into Jason's side. 

Steph idly wondered if what Jason said had something to do with her. 

She wasn't sure if she should hope it did or didn't. 

Duke and Cass came out next, making quick work of the wooden path and Cass was soon standing at Steph's side. 

"Hi." Steph whispered. Cass smiled. 

"Tim was good."

Well, that didn't sound like a question. What was Cass getting at here?

"Um, yeah?" Steph asked, glancing at her friend. 

Cass nodded once. "Good. Make up sooner."

Ah, jeez. This was a conspiracy, wasn't it?

Her family totally sucks sometimes.