kim sunoo • 行逢りば兄弟

“[Y/N]-ah!”

Pulling your attention away from the folder in front of you, your eyes landed on the intruder who barged in uninvited and let themselves in to the comfort of your clubroom.

Of course, it was no other than your best friendㅡor besfran as how Kim Sunoo would put it.

The ravenette was excitedly waving a piece of baby blue parchment in his hand, eyes crinkled to show his genuine happiness and a very contagious smile painting the curve of his lips as he approached your desk. Unknowingly, your lips twitched upwards to a small smile too.

You dropped the folder onto your desk, propping an arm over the wooden surface before letting your palm support your chin. “What is it?”

Sunoo dragged a chair towards you, leaning and waving the unfamiliar paper in front of your face. “Nana confessed to me!” You took the paper in your fingers, ignoring the pain that erupted from the pit of your stomach as you inhaled deeply, letting the smile in your face stay, unfaltering despite the aching intrusion.

‘Dear Sunoo....’

Kim Sunoo was considered as the elite butterfly in your school. A person with warm persona yet tainted with a speck of feistiness and vicious poison lacing his words when enraged. He was known almost of all students and it wasn't a surprise as to why. He was approachable; it was almost as if everyone who crosses paths with him would feel an immediate touch of friendliness. He was a charming youth filled with joy and positivity, a character that he was mostly known from.

Kim Sunoo was everything that you were not, but regardless of the margin between yours and his personality, the cliche saying ‘opposite attracts’ would come into playㅡhowever, it was not in the same sense that you'd preferably like.

Because like many, you too have fallen in love with your best friend; a one-sided admiration coming only from your end.

“... She wants you to visit the Moon Cafe with her on Saturday morning.” You recalled from the letter, folding it in four before handing it back to the ravenette.

It almost felt suffocating to see him stare at the wall, blankly almost if it weren't for the noticeable sparks igniting in his orbs. He was so happy...

Because after all, it was his first crush, first like and first love who sought him out first. He received a confession from the very person he's been waiting for, almost four years now.

Sunoo takes the paper away from you, keeping it inside the pockets of his pants before facing you with a pout.

“She also asked me to give her an answer tomorrow morning, and whether I want to go or not, she'll respect my decision.” He grumbled, ruffling his hair. “But I'm just gonna be a nervous wreck in front of her! Heck I was shaking when I took the letter from herㅡGod that was embarrassing!” He whined.

“Well would ya rather let your love and admiration from afar for four years go in vain?” The words tasted like copper in your mouth, leaving a taste of bitterness as you managed to say them out loud.

“But I'm so so nervous! I don't remember feeling this anxious like ever!”

You playfully rolled your eyes, smacking the boy in the back of his head as you tried to act casual and normal around him.

“You already have a clue that she feels the same way about you Sunoo-yah.” You started off. “You probably had more embarrassing moments out of this bubble that she managed to witness. Being nervous is an understatement, but letting it cloud your judgement to make a better choice is on you. It's whether you face it like the man that you claim to be or pass on this opportunity and dwell on the outcome sooner or later.” You leaned on your chair, tapping Sunoo's shoulder in an attempt to comfort him with an encouraging smile that almost faltered.