sim jaeyun • the chores

If there was one thing that you love to do wherein Jake doesn't thoroughly enjoy, it would be doing grocery shopping.

The planning and the convincing stage of it for most part would be spent lecturing the ravenette about why he should accompany you to the store. Aside from the fact that you need to stroll around looking for the items on the list, those of which you both needed, it would take you a lot of time since not only was the store huge but you were also doing the chore alone. It will be time consuming on your part.

Jake would weigh the pros and cons of the matter, spending roughly ten minutes pondering about his decision that will always lead to this point, the same juncture every single time;

"Can we also get the brownies from the baked goods?" he asked whilst inspecting a bottle of hot sauce. "I heard it was good."

You raised a brow, leaning on the cart that was partly filled with some grocery items. "Oh so now you're happy that we're doing groceries?"

"I'm not happyㅡ"

"Right, cause you're pretty eager for someone who would start a whole debate with me before doing the groceries." He spared you a pointed look, ignoring your light sarcasm before placing the hot sauce on the cart with the rest of the goods.

"Whatever. Doesn't mean I'll go with you again the next time though."

Lies.

And you both know it.

Jake tugged you close to him before pushing the cart to the next aisle, which happens to be his addiction; ramen.

"Did you know buldak sells mugs?"

The sudden question made you pause from taking a whole pack of a different brand of ramen, pursing your lips and knitting your brows from the sudden random statement he blurted.

You raised your left brow. "Uh, okay?"

Jake shook his head, taking the bag of ramen that hang loosely in your grasp. "Put the package in before you accidentally drop them. Knowing you and your clumsy ass it's not impossible to happen."

You merely ignored his remark, choosing to walk ahead of him as he pushed the cart whilst gazing at the different packages of ramen noodles that were displayed on the shelves.

It was another thing that you could use as a bargain tool for Jake to go and do groceries with you. You thought of that before; lure him with an array of ramen noodles if it weren't for the fact that consuming too much of it wouldn't be good for his body. In the end, you proceeded with lecturing and convincing part instead.

It all works fine despite taking a plenty of your time.

"Should we get a sushi bento?"

"Groceries first."

"Tch." He exasperatedly sighed. "Fine."

The next few thirty minutes were spent looking for the items in your listㅡand convincing the male that the least needed products will be taken after the more important ones, and of course along those lines brought the need of the convincing moments to calm your suddenly enthusiastic partner who wanted to get his snack shopping done.

Talk about switching up real fast.

When the important goods and produce were all piled up on your cart, accordingly done so to avoid accidents, you and Jake found yourselves on the snacks aisle, eyes roaming around the variety of chips and all the not so healthy consumables with eagerness glinting from your orbs.