yang jungwon • 9:09 pm

────────────────────────────

9:09 pm
양정원
where jungwon is tired from practice
and he's grateful for your efforts to
make him feel better.
comfort , fluff , established
relationship , clingy jungwon

bree © enhypens 2022

────────────────────────────

A tired and heavy sigh left Jungwon's lips, an almost loggy body dragging himself towards the living room of the apartment after he locked the front door behind him.

After a tedious amount of practicing for their new comeback, his throat was almost sore from the vocal practices and an even more sore body to top that off.

Jungwon loved performing, he really did. But at times like this did he wish to take a few weeks off because of how grueling their routine could be.

"Won?" Your head peeks through the entryway of the kitchen, a small smile on your lips at the sight of your boyfriend. "I'm glad you're back. You're just in time for dinner."

Despite Jungwon's exhaustion, he manages to flash you a smile, drop his things on the couch before walking over to the kitchen space to wrap his arms around you.

"I missed you..." He mumbles while burying his face in your hair. His grip tightens on your waist a bit upon feeling your palm touch his skin, gently rubbing his arm.

Jungwon was not someone who's very into physical contact, and if he did initiate it, it would be at times like this where he feels the most vulnerable. Or simply, if he feels like extra missing you and holding you against him was his only cure.

"You just saw me this morning." You chuckles, turning around to properly hug him. "But if it makes you feel better I missed you too."

Jungwon grumbles against you but said nothing else. What he does next is to lay his head against your shoulders as you continue to now rub his shoulders.

"You should take a shower before we eat." You ran your fingers through his hair, invoking a content sigh to leave him. "Then we can put on a movie, cuddle and eat snacks."

Jungwon smiles grateful against your skin, mumbling a soft 'thank-you' before he reluctantly pulls away.

Jungwon plants a kiss on the crown of your head, pinching your left cheek before he lazily walks towards his room to shower.

It took the both of you twenty minutes to eat dinner, but even then, it was filled with light conversation that prompted short (but with smiles) answers from your boyfriend who at one point was leaning his head against yours.

Just to give him the extra comfort, you took his hands and fiddled with them before you instructed him to lay down on the couch whilst you cleaned up. Jungwon protested, but with a stern glare coming from you that told him to back off, he simply agreed.

Besides, it was not like the state of his body was gonna make him do much help anyways.

Ten minutes of cleaning later, you finally arrived at the living room with a tub of ice cream on your hand and two spoons.

Jungwon was laying down on the cushions as per your request, eyes lighting up seeing you emerge from the kitchen as he sat himself, scooting near the arm of the couch.

He pats the empty space beside him. "Sit here please..."

You place the ice cream on the coffee table, glancing at the TV screen seeing his Jay hyung's Netflix account on display. He then plays a studio ghibli movie while still cutely patting the vacant space.

You complied, plopping yourself beside him and Jungwon wasted no time to snuggle himself against your side, one arm wrapped across your midsection.

You sat there, running your palm on his back and occasionally, absentmindedly, planting small kisses on his head.

This prompts another wave of smiles from him as he silently watches the movie with you.

And an hour later, Jungwon finds himself entangled on the couch with you.

With you pressing your face against his chest, an arm across his waist and with him, hugging you close to his warmth.

The movie was long forgotten, TV was turned off and screen black. His body was still store and he was still tired and sleeping on the couch was uncomfortable but he had no plan in mind to move you in your room.

At nights like this, when he feels the most vulnerable and tired, holding you close was the only remedy Jungwon needed.