kim sunoo • serendipity

The wet and cold sensation spread through the soft skin of your palm.

The sight of the small droplet of clear rain that fell from the roof made your nose scrunch in displeasure.

You raised your head, eyes gazing at the dark, somber, gray clouds that littered the sky and soon, one by one, the rain finally dropped from the heavy masses of gray clouds.

A heavy sigh left your lips before you retracted your palm that was left out to feel the rain.

You mentally cussed the weather app you used to track whether it was gonna rain or not for each day. Seems like they played you.

Classes were finally done for the day and you intended to go home as early as possible. Your favorite show was airing the new episode today and you wanted to watch it online while munching on your snacks, cuddled up to your comfortable duvet and pillows and maybe have a nice can of soda or two.

Basically, your free time after school was all planned outㅡexcept that, with the current existing weather, it seems like it would have to wait out.

"That lying weather app," you huffed, crossing your arms on your chest and a pout forming in your lower lips. "I won't trust you the next time around if you continue scheming me like this."

After the passing second of silence, it downed on you how ridiculous you must have looked to someone else if they were to witness you talking to yourself.

You knew that you had to stop doing that somehow but talking to yourself releases the unwanted building tension you have going inside you. Talking to yourself helps you in its own weird way.

Deciding to risk getting soaked by the falling rain, you readied yourself, pulling your bag over your head and heaving in deep breaths.

You took a step backwards, mentally encouraging yourself for a few times.

"Okay... I could run home and get sick for a few days and miss school for a few days," you paused, brows knitting as you pondered on once again the decision that you formulated just a while ago.

"It's okay [Y/N]," you cooed. "It's just a few days."

You took another deep breath, tapping the bag you held above you.

Okay...

One, two, threeㅡ

"Uwah, it's raining!"

Slipping almost from the sudden voice that interrupted your readying stance, you dropped your bag to your sides, glancing at the familiar figure that stood a feet or two away from you.

"Oh? Sunoo?"

The said male tilted his head to the side as he looked at you before shooting you a closed-eyed smile.

"Hello [Y/N]! Are you going home?"

After asking you that, the blond gestured for the pouring rain outside of the school roof, shaking his head as he added, "It's raining and you don't seem to have any umbrellas."

Sunoo didn't leave any room for you to answer and to argue with his next actions. He simply passed you the clear umbrella he had in his grasp with a soft, "Here," before raising his bag to cover his head like you did a few minutes ago.

He gave you another smile and a tap to the head before he ran out, letting the rain soak his uniform as you simply watched him, too wrapped up with confusion and amazement from his sudden movement and the kindness that he had displayed despite being a mere classmate of his.

Sunoo's figure soon faded in a distance, a dot of your school's uniform colors signifying that it was him before he turned left until he was nowhere in the proximity of your gaze.

You simply sighed before turning to look at the clear umbrella you now had in your hand.

"What did that idiot even think of to prioritize me instead of himself?" you grumbled, deciding to open the umbrella before stepping out in the rain with the plastic covering protecting you from the rain droplets.

"Ah, no matter. I'll just treat him to lunch tomorrow or something." And with that, you began your journey walking home.

𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒:

"Sunoo hyung? You look so pale, are you okay?" Jungwon laid a palm of his to the forehead of the older male, silently hissing when the skin that came in contact with his palm was boiling hot. "You're having a fever!"

Sunoo merely shrugged the younger off, deciding to lay his head over the table of the cafeteria as they waited for their other friends to come back from the line with their early breakfast.

Approaching the table, Niki carefully slid a cup of hot chocolate to his left while Heeseung placed a tray of hot breakfast from his right.

Then it was Jay who spoke next, coming after the two with Sunghoon walking behin him in tow, both of them with their trays like the rest of their friends.

"He's sick but he insisted to come to school today," Jay said. "He also came to the apartment yesterday soaking from head to toe."

Now it was Jake who shot the faux blond a confused glance. "Wait I thought you brought the umbrella with you?"

"Well he gave the umbrella to [Y/N] before he went home apparently," Niki nonchalantly butted in, oblivious to the heated glare that Sunoo threw his way as he happily munched on his hotteok. "So now he's sick."

The table turned silent.

Too painfully silent that even though Sunoo's senses were clouded and hazy, it still brought an uncomfortable feeling lingering in his stomach as he slowly ate the food Heeseung got him.

The silence however didn't last that long the moment the eldest of their bunch opened his mouth to let a few teasing remarks escape his lips. The others soon followed after, ignoring the glare that cam their way and relishing in the short amount of power they had over one of their sarcastic friends.

Ah. To say that Sunoo's morning was full of constant teasings and gentlemanly comments was an understatement.

However, it turned more erratic the moment you stood beside their table and passed Sunoo a few things that their cheers and teases changed the murderous glare in Sunoo's eyes into something more serene and content.