lee heeseung • purple hearts

The single cherry blossom flower gently swayed against the air before landing on the pavement in front of Heeseung's shoes, catching the guy's attention and making him stop, crouching down to pick up the beautiful flower.

Heeseung's brows knitted for a mere second, adjusting the headphones that was perched on top of his head, the music that blared through the device fading out into a faint background as he surveyed his surroundings. His eyes roamed around the semi-familiar area, keeping the phone that he was holding onto earlier back in his slack's pockets.

Confusion filled his mind. Was he really that focused in his music that he went out and walked to the opposite direction of his dorm building?

The side of the pavement that he was standing on had a row of cherry blossom trees, blooming with the soft flowers, some falling on the ground like the one that he was holding in his fingers.

Heeseung  wasn't completely unfamiliar with the neighborhood that he unknowingly wandered off too. He's been here a handful of times; six times? Seven? … Eight...?

He wasn't really that sure but for a fact, he knew that this area of the city had a various cluster of stores, café's and boutiques that were awfully familiar with the students from his school because the premise was just a few blocks away.

With a sigh, the brunette decided to keep the fallen flower in his pocket.

It would make a good dried flower after all.

Turning back to walk towards the right street to his dorm building, Heeseung halted in his steps.

A few meters to his left was a patisserie. The window glass that showcased their baked goods looked delectable against the warm lights that illuminated the whole café interior amidst the warm sunny, afternoon.

Debating whether or not to buy some desserts on his way back home, his decision making came to a halt when his phone pinged inside the pockets of his pants.

From: Niki
4:35 pm
Hi hyung could you please buy me some macaroons otw home? :)
Thankie in advance Heedeung hyung!!

The bell above him made a sound that indicated his entrance. Without any second thoughts, Heeseung approached the vacant counter with a small scrunch of his nose. Who even leaves the counter unattended at this time?

Unabashed, he walked towards the small bell on the polished counter top, palms reaching over to tap the small device when the door to his left on the opposite wall burst open and came running in was a girl, messily tying the white apron on her back, her hair up in two weird buns with some of her fringes falling against her face.

"Hi! Welcome to Purple Heart's patisserie!" The girl beamed, finishing up the knot on her back. She stood in front of the ravenette now, bearing a smile as she waited for Heeseung's response, patiently, as if she wasn't rushing late to the counter just a few moments ago. "What would you like to have for today?"

Heeseung partially ignored the amusing sight that transpired before him, hiding it with a clear of his throat before his eyes roamed around the variety of dessert delicacies in front of him. He stopped his eyes in front of the beautiful chocolate truffles, swallowing hard to keep himself from salivating.

"Uh… Can I have a box your macaroons?" He pointed towards the tray of the said pastry, crouching down to see the glass case of the desserts better.

When he heard of the telltales about the nice cafés in this area, he didn't think it would be this good. Almost all of the desserts laid out before him screamed ‘Take me home!’ in his face.

He shook his head from his thoughts before standing straighter. "Could you also help me pick a few things out?" He asked, diverting his eyes towards the girl, keeping a small snicker to himself when his gaze landed on the disaster of a hair style the girl had.

With another smile, the girl nodded his head enthusiastically, pulling out a medium sized box from the side before opening the glass case to the macaroons. She held the tongs, clipping them playfully.