nishimura riki • 月が綺麗ですね

The tip of your fingers traced the sparkling spots in the navy blue sky, trailing it along and creating shapes in the cold air as it nips your uncovered skin, inducing goosebumps to litter on your arm.

"What are you doing?" you spared Niki an unamused glance, grumbling about how he ruined the serenity you created in your own little bubble and the patterns you were drawing with the stars.

"What does it look like?"

Niki tossed you his hoodie before plopping beside you, taking your right leg and placing it over his lap.

"You doing stupid things."

You pulled the soft and oversized fabric over your head and arms before you smacked his arm. "Asshole, I was tracing patterns with the stars."

Niki knew that of course.

But he wanted to tease you, knowing full well that it will prompt something out of you.

He had just gotten back from the kitchen of his house, taking a few snacks and drinks to pair with your spontaneous star gazing session on his roof, only to see you with your fingers raised on the air, a calm look painting your features when he came back.

Niki felt his heart do flips, and it rumbled like a thunder when his eyes settled on your cozy figure.

The moonlight kissed your skin, silver caressing your face as you focused on drawing your patterns in the air, genuinely focused in what you were doing before he ruined it.

In his usual Riki style of course, just like the old times.

"Shouldn't you be resting right now?"

Niki shrugged, passing you a bottle of coke as he got one for himself to drink. "Nah, I could sleep in the plane. Who knows when will I have the chance to go home and do this with you again?"

Niki was usually sarcastic with you. Often pulling tricks not only in physical form but through his jokes and witty come backs as well. So hearing him say those words without any hint of his usual snarky and sardonic tone warmed your heart. His voice sounded quiet, pensive almost.

It's rare for him to be reflective so when he does, you don't point it out. Save for his embarrassment you knew you could use but decided that you would not. Not ever.

Sighing, you set your can of coke on the side before fully setting your attention of the now blonde male who had his eyes set on the roof of his neighbor's home.

"Come here," you gingerly opened your arms, motioning for him to come and breathing in content when he finally did, leaving his drink unattended on his side as well.

Niki buried his face on your collar, inhaling your scent, the one that he was long accustomed with as he wrapped his arms around you.

"I don't wanna leave this early," he grumbled. "I just got here like a week ago and tomorrow I'm leaving already."

Niki loved his job; heck, he didn't treat it like one. Being a member of ENHYPEN brought him joy and content and he would never change a thing for it. However, sometimes he'd just wish for his breaks to be a little longer than the one-week and sometimes even three-day breaks he'd get.

The same goes for his other hyungs as well. They love being together as a group, don't get them wrong, but sometimes spending time with the people they love outside the group was good for them as well. But unfortunately, they just didn't have that benefit yet.

"Well you've managed to catch up with your parents right?" he nodded his head, ensuring that he doesn't accidentally knock your jaw with his head. "And you got to spend some time with your other friends as well."

"Yeah well it felt like a few seconds," sighing he left your collar only to lay his head on your lap, your fingers automatically finding themselves entangled on his surprisingly soft locks.

And to think he's been dyeing his hair for comebacks and promotions you'd think that it would be dry and frizzy as hell. But viola, surprise it's the exact opposite.

You ruffled his hair, draping his blanket over him as you leaned towards the wall that was temporarily covered by some of Niki's soft pillows.

"But you'll see them again when you have your break right? And besides, you can always resort to video calling and texts," you paused and Niki snorted. "Not that you're not already doing that but that's besides the point."

"Your point is what exactly?"

"I don't really have a point besides that you have social media and video calls to help you cure your homesickness," you groaned, adjusting your legs for him to lay better whilst your fingers didn't once leave his hair.

You sighed.

Though you were trying to ease him down, on the other hand you too were feeling the sadness that weighed on your shoulders just by thinking of his departure the next morning back to Korea.

Niki has been there with you throughout your whole life that when he left to pursue his dreams a few months ago, it almost felt as if another part of you left as well. You two were nothing more than best friends and perhaps you considered him as your soulmate that the impact of his absence affected you more than you ever thought it could. It wasn't the same without him there by your side and although it has been months since, and you would only see him a few times for a couple of months or three, you grew to force yourself to face each of your day without his presence.

But it wasn't them same and deep inside you know it as well.

Mayhaps Niki did too.

You two were borderlining more than the title you both claimed and you both were aware. But certainly not now is the time to act on it, and you both know it too.

And so, you let the silence linger around you both as you studied the stars, the moon and the sky that presented itself as a company and the temporary subject of your attention.

Well that, before Niki broke the silence that hung in the cold air with his words.

"The moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?"

i wanna write a tokyorev fanfictionso bad but i don't know if ppl willread it here lmao

so bad but i don't know if ppl will
read it here lmao.

but i'm gonna be posting one
in ao3 so-