park sunghoon • thunderclouds

Rain poured outside of your window. The sound of their pitter-patters oddly bringing you a sense of serenity amidst the ongoing storm outside of your home.

You were supposed to be asleep as it was already way pass your sleeping schedule (that you made for reasons that kept you up late at night and near the morning dawn that always left you tired and grumpy the next day and hence the schedule) but the multiple loud thunder that boomed in the sky and the accompanied discharge of atmospheric electricity that lightens up your whole room up everytime they flash woke you.

So here you now were, comfortably perched on your bed that felt too cold and awfully huge for your liking. They do say cuddles are the best during rainy days and though you can hardly call this night as one simple rainy day (since it's more of a brewing storm), you do wish you have someone warm to cuddle with other han your pillows and your blanket.

A sigh left your lips as another lightning flashed, illuminating your room temporarily with light before it fades back to darkness. The thick, black curtain you've set in your window was fruitless from shielding the harsh lightnings, and yet you did no move to tamper them with another layer of fabric to block out the light like you usually do when lightnings occur.

The cacophony of thunder continued to rage on as you contentedly laid on your bed, one arm tucked under your pillow and the other placed above your own waist. You sighed.

Sluggishly, you took your phone from your bed side table. The light coming your device as you clicked it open blinding you temporarily as you squint your eyes to adjust.

Damn brightness levels.

Three missed call notifications greeted you in your lockscreen as you entered your password. They were all coming from your best friend who sent a few texts as well; all talking about the storm happening and how it ruined her beauty sleep while it probably came as a blessing to you - at least that's how she put it in her texts.

You've also gotten a few notifs from your social medias, just the normal ones that you usually ignore before clicking your phone shut once again.

And then suddenly you're back to the darkness of your room.

Your eyes landed on your window yet again.

You sat up, deciding to roll your curtains to the side so you could see the lightnings happen in the distance. Almost like the real thing except a little distance.

However, before you could do so much as to place your feet on your cold, tiled floor, knocks coming from your bedroom door stopped you.

"[Y/N]." The voice called out.

The oh so familiar voice that you had been arguing with hours ago.

Eyes darting to the direction of your bedroom, you opened the flashlight of your phone before placing it on your bedside table to be your temporary source of light when the lamp wasn't working. Blackout. Also explains why your room felt a lot colder than it usually is.

You silently walked towards the door, pausing as you inhaled before breathing out, calming your nerves from the possibility of another argument ensuing when you don't want none of that. This night was too good for you to let another petty bickering ruin that. Heck, you even forgot about it and your supposed boyfriend who stayed in the guest room away from you to cool off, the moment your ears perked up at the sounds of the pattering rain that poured outside.

Sighing, you twisted your doorknob open before pulling it from the door frame the squeaky hinges sounding off eerily.

Standing a feet or two away from you stood Sunghoon. His silk pajama top ruffled and crinkled in some places to hint out that he was probably tossing himself on top of his bed. His black fuzzy hair fell down on his forehead, almost covering the entirety of his eyes as he stared down at you.