park jongseong • when do u date ?

“Do you like coffee?”

“Huh?”

Your brows knits together yet the amused smile on your lips betrayed the mask that you tried to show as Jay gave you a pondering look, a finger on his chin as he taps his pen on the wooden table.

He nudges your knuckles with his before raising his right hand, his pointer finger and his thumb pinching together but leaving a slight gap as he motions it with a tip upwards, his head following suit.

“Do you like coffee, I said.”

You stifle a laugh. Jay's intriguing question for the day made it a little more than better as you watch his face contort to an expressionless one.

He shakes his head with a sigh. “Nevermind I probably sound stupid in front of you right now.”

“You could've asked directly you know?” You tease. “Do you really have to go with those small questions first before everything?”

Jay sends you an unimpressed look, pushing his books aside as he settles his clasped palms over the wooden table in front of him.

“You don't understand.” He starts off with a shake of his head. “In order to woo a girl, guys should be able to make small conversations with them. You get what I'm saying?”

Although you truthfully didn't get where he was getting at, you nodded your head regardless in order to appease the now stressing male.

“Yeah, sure.”

Jay speaks againㅡ“So if I can't do that simple shit, then I have no rights to take you out on a date.”ㅡMore like grumbles his sentence out before he leans himself back on his chair, the furniture screeching a bit from the motion which received a few stares from the other students nearby.

Still though, the male didn't paid them any mind.

“Like, have you seen Heeseung hyung?” You blankly nod your head, rolling your pen in between your fingers as you listened to Jay's rambles.

He exasperatedly runs a palm over his face before clicking his tongue. “I mean, the guy's a mess in his own relationshipㅡbut damn can he say some romantic shit and even I get wooed every single time I hear him.” He gives emphasis on his point by stressing the last sentence out as you bit your lip to prevent yourself from chuckling at Jay's antics.

“See that? And I'm a fucking guy. I should be able to do the same shit as him but I can't even ask you out in a fucking date.”

Ah, so that's his problem for the day.

Smiling gently, you took his hand that was on the table, cradling it beneath the warm palms of your own before tilting your head to the side and letting your suppressed laughs fall past your lips.

“Jay, babe we're dating and I'm your girlfriend remember?”

Said boyfriend faced you with a pout before lightly taking his hands back with a huff. “I know but it wouldn't hurt to ask you out for a coffee now, is it?”

“You could have asked me directly like the last few times that you did when you asked me out for a date.” You shake your head with a chuckle. “Jay you're a dork, seriously.”

“Butㅡ” Jay pauses, eyes focusing on the spot behind you as he holds his chin with his pointer finger and thumb. He shakes his head aggressively before sighing.

“Okay, you know what we're gonna have coffee tomorrow after class.” Your boyfriend proclaims with finality in his tone. His voice sounding more louder than the last and because of that; yet again, the others sent him looks that he neglected like the ones he received prior. Jay pointed a finger towards you. “I’ll pick you up after your last class tomorrow.”

You would've applauded your boyfriend for his attempts of whatever it was, but unfortunately he didn't do so as ask you. He forgot to check whether or not you're free and as much as you don't want to burst Jay's mini bubble of happiness and eager plans for a coffee date the next day, you have to.

Placing your things inside your bag, a shake of your head greeted Jay as an answer and he almost combusted right there and then. Rather, his widened eyes narrowed before letting out a small gasp of surprise.

“What!?” You shoot him an unimpressed look, smacking his arm. Jay turned his head sideways before bowing his head a little as an apology before he faces you again. “Why?”

“I’m spending the day with my children Jay.”

The ravenette looks in disbelief hearing you say that; prioritizing your children that wasn't even yours in the first place and automatically, another pout formed in his lips.

“You’re seriously gonna spend the day with Niki and Jungwon rather than me.” He points a finger to himself. “Niki and Jungwon? Over, me?”

Ignoring his pinpointing, you nod your head. “Yes.”

And boy did Jay looked ready to deflagrate the whole library down with the intensity of his stare.

“Okay, tell me.” You face the male with a knowing look. “Since when did you start thinking of asking me out for a coffee?”

Jay falls silent, biting his lower lip as he crosses his arms over his chest before looking the other way. “... days ago.”

“What? I can't hear you clearly.” Your boyfriend glares at you.

“I said six days ago.”

You smirk, inwardly laughing at the look of pure betrayal in his face as you sent multiple taps on his cheek while standing up from your seat, hauling your bag over your shoulders.

“Should’ve sent me a text then, yeah?”

Jay groans before shoving all of his things inside his bag.

“’M never gonna forgive you for choosing Jungwon and Niki over me.”

You laugh before turning your head to look at him. “Coffee at Thursday then?”

Jay's eyes light up. “No Jungwon and Niki?”

“No Jay. It's a date between us two.” You flatted down your school skirt as you walked towards the library door with Jay on tow. You glance at him in the corner of your eye, a teasing smile painting your lips. “Unless you want them two to be there, of course.”

God damn it, I swear to God if they're there the next Thursdayㅡ”

“Oh you won't touch my children.”

“But I'm your boyfriend!?”

“They’re my kids Jay.”

“They’re not even yoursㅡfine. I'm shutting up, god damn.”