park sunghoon • ocean eyes

The vast blues reflected their otherworldly beauty in Sunghoon's eyes, the warmth that bathed him from the sun was easily mediated by the rush of cool ocean air, his black locks dancing amidst the breeze as it passed.

He sighed, adjusting the sleeves of his white dress shirt as he leaned over the metal railings of the yacht that gave him the perfect view to the vast ocean and the horizon that lined itself in between the waters and the sky.

The ambiance was goodㅡno, it was perfect. It was just perfect.

Being stuck in the office thirteen hours every single day made him feel stuffed. Suffocated with the overwhelming amount of paper works, business meetings and gala's that he needed to tend to, it made Sunghoon's head spin.

For the last four months ever since his Father stepped down as the CEO of their company, and automatically turning the business for him to handle, Sunghoon was met with different scenarios he somehow already expected yet undergoing through its pressure for real this time made the situation very different. Or so he tried to tell himself.

He's been trained when he turned twelve years of age. A prodigy, a virtuoso at young heart that raised the expectation bars of his parents for him to put his immediate best in the line when it comes to the business worldㅡor anything he does. It was almost sad.

Sunghoon never really experienced a normal childhood, you see. He was constantly trained, taught and was expected to be the perfect heir to his family's name so it was the school, the tutor and the business matters that he mostly attended. The closest thing he experienced as a normal childhood memory was when his Father's personal driver took him out for Ice cream after receiving a perfect grade when he was seventeen. But to think of it, it was years late to even call it a childhood. But it was the only memory Sunghoon held dear to his heart. Not even his own parents thought of bringing him snacks from a convenient store. They'd tell him how icky the foods there were when in fact, the convenience store Ice Cream was probably one of the best things he'd had. No fancy dinner and expensive dessert could beat that one, that was for sure.

Unfortunately (fortunately), because of the regular stress he experienced upon exposing himself to the business world, just last week ago, he was sent to the hospital. The doctors said he was overly fatigued and stressed, causing him to pass out in his office and had to spend the remaining hours in a private room in the hospital for surveillance and some more check ups; to which he thought wasn't entirely necessary since he could just rest and the doctors seemed to prescribe expensive meds for him. He thought they were leeching off of his bank account but he brushed the thoughts off to the side. He didn't really care about his money that much. It was the longing freedom that he wanted, not some printed paper with money signs.

So reluctantly, his parents agreed to have him spend two weeks off. Out of his office, free or work, free of stress. So he was here, in the middle of the sea in his four story yacht watching the sea and the sky cross against each other in the distance.

This was a little scrap of the freedom that Park Sunghoon want. And he wanted more of it for himself.

Unbeknownst to him, a storm brewing amidst the sky and the seas will keep him from holding onto that freedom for a little bit more.

It all went way too fast.

The moment Sunghoon opened his eyes, everything was hazy, spinning in a way that made his head achingly hurt. There were speckles of something on his lashes. He sluggishly raised a finger to rub them off, only to realize that there were grains of sands decorating the range of his eye lashes.