lee heeseung • secretly (but not really)

The door to the front door of your house opened. The sound of it hindering you from writing another sentence down on your paper as it temporarily caught your attention.

Noona!”

Then your younger brother's voice rang from the short hallway that was connected to the open living area of the house.

Judging from the multiple set of footsteps sounding off, it was obvious that your brother had brought some of his friends to come over. Not that it wasn't unusual per se, but since their group had recently purchased a house big enough to shelter them all that they practically moved out of their respective houses, your younger brother wasn't normally home most of the days for the last three weeks. His visits weren't unusual, though they certainly are surprising at times but then again, you were not really complaining.

As you resumed back to your school work, giving it your all attention (knowing that it was only a matter of seconds before your brother and his peers occupies the same space as you do), Jungwon, Sunghoon, Sunoo and Heeseung emerged from the corner of the hall and onto the open space of your living room.

You took a cautious glance at the group, your heart doing summersaults when your eyes met the latter's that got you diverting your attention back to your work, muttering a small ‘Welcome home,’ to your brother enough for him and his friends to hear.

Jungwon glanced at your paper from your shoulder, brows furrowing as he read some of the lines you wrote noticing that they were all in english. He attempted to read some of them out loud but since he was still practicing his accent, he decided not to and instead, opted to plop down beside you on the ground while the others settled themselves on the couch.

“Is that the homework for the literature subject, [Y/N]?” You nodded your head to answer Sunoo’s inquiry, eyes landing on him before on the male sitting beside him that made you divert your gaze once again.

“Yeah, this is the subject that I'm most interested in so I really want to give my best for this output.” You answered before clicking your pen. You then stood up, dusting your pants off from the invisible dust that clung onto the fabric. “Do you guys want anything? Snacks? Drinks?”

Standing up, Sunoo offered to help before the two of you went to the connected kitchen. He admitted needing some help with the literature output as well that's why he presented himself first from everyone in the living space.

The two of you prepared some chips that you bought from the market last week with your Mom, some fruits in a bowl, sweets and adding   a few cans of soda's for Jungwon and his friends to drink.

In the midst of the preparation, your younger brother peeked inside the kitchen to let you know that they'd he staying inside his room, playing games if ever you'd find the living room bare and empty. After that, he went on ahead to join his other friends as you and Sunoo finished up their snacks.

Promising to help him out during his vacant time, Sunoo offered to take the tray of snacks in Jungwon’s room by himself so you could finish up your own output before you jump in to help him with his. You thanked him before proceeding to the living room while Sunoo went upstairs to Jungwon’s room with the snacks.

Back in the living room, while you were scribbling the last paragraph of your work, your phone from the glass table beside your paper pinged, indicating an arrival of a new text message to which you opened blindly by simply swiping your lock screen upwards.

From: hee 🖤
sunghoon confronted me lmao

Your brows knitted in confusion as you read the text. Though nonetheless, you sent out a reply before placing your phone back on the table to finish up your work.