park sunghoon • library love

Friday evenings are usually consisted of party cups, alcoholic beverages, loud music, and of course, drunk people in every corner.

But that wasn't the case for you.

You weren't really the goody two-shoes. It just so happens that you despised loud places a lot and the possibility that drunk, sweaty, hormonal teenagers could be scattered around the place was very likely.

You didn't liked that and imagining it made you inwardly grimace.

So here you were, shuddering in the middle of the bus stop with nothing to cover your body from the cold temperature of December except for a single piece of coat as an outerwear to keep you warm. Your school uniform wasn't an ideal one either considering it didn't do anything to keep you from the cold. It merely covered your knees.

Not long after, the bus came. You went in and sat near the entrance, taking your school bag over your uncovered lap to keep it warm throughout the ride.

After a few minutes, you finally reached your destination. You left the bus and directly headed inside the local library that was owned by a kind ahjumma. She was already sitting in her usual comfy chair near the entrance to the library with a cup of hot cocoa in her grasp. You politely greeted her before walking towards a secluded booth on the far right of the library.

There were only six people inside, you noticed. You, the ahjumma, two guys with the same uniforms from your school, and two other girls. But then again of course, it was an understatement as it was a Friday night after all. It was pretty normal to see only few people in a library then. Some enjoys watching buskings in the park, some could be studying home, dedicating their time to their schoolworks, some could be running late errands, and some could be out partying.

Your friend Yujin actually invited you over to her house party just this afternoon, but of course, you declined her offer. She knew you would in the first place and had understandingly left you to it.

And so here you were, in a warm and quiet place with the smell of books surrounding you.

You placed your bag over the table and switched the table lamp on. The library was pretty dimly lighted so they had installed lamps on every booths and table. It works just as fine. Taking your books from your bag and a few other books from the shelves as well, you started going through your school works.

Well, this was gonna be a long night.

━━━━

Sunghoon and Jake were both in the libraryㅡhe literally had to drag the other guy to go and study some more for his semester's finals, because Sunghoon knew that if jake didn't, then the last occurrences from his first semester finals were gonna happen again.

Boy, he spent a few weeks listening to Jake's rant about how he should've studied and how he should've listened to Sunghoon's advice. Oh how ironic it was when Sunghoon literally tried pursuing him to study in the first place, but he didn't, and he got what he deserved in the end.

So here they were now, in a library, all warmed up and studying; well, besides the obvious sulking Jake has been doing.

Sighing, he tapped his pen over the older guy's head, glaring. "Jake!" he silently hissed. "You should start studying. Make some bullets and take notes of the possible topics that might appear in your tests and stop sulking like a child. It doesn't suit you." He deadpanned.

Jake only grumbled in response and harshly took a book from the table and started reading.

"Hey! Hey! that's for me! Read the book titles will you?" Sunghoon immediately took the book away from his friend and kept it inside his bag. "God, seriously."