park jongseong • love in midnight

A yawn escaped pass your lips, fingers gingerly rubbing your eyes as you adjusted the glasses that laid on top of the bridge of your nose. You glanced towards your clock, 10:56 pm, it says.

Approximately, you had been sitting on your desk for about four hours now, cramming in more topics and going through a few more lectures for the test that will be held the day after tomorrow instead of resting from the exhausting class of P.E you had, just this afternoon.

You pushed your swivel chair away from the table before standing up to keep your things neat and organized on your desk top, folding your glasses and placing them on its case before finishing the remaining pieces of macaroons and chugging down the rest of your milk and trudging down towards your bathroom to wash up.

When you were done and has slipped into your pajamasㅡa pair of shorts and a cotton pajama topㅡyou had plopped yourself onto your bed just when your mom came knocking on your door.

"It's open!" You groggily yelled, feeling the fatigue keeping up with you as you tried fighting the urge to just immediately sleep.

If this was anyone's fault, it should be Mr. Park for making his students run ten times around the field, before having them do push-up for thirty times because 'it was to help the students and their agility and muscle strength,' when no one was taking a course of boxing inside the class.

Your Mom's head peeked through the small gap she had made on the door, smiling sheepishly as she watch you all sprawled out over your mattress, barely keeping your eyes open as you looked at her. "Are you sleeping dear?" She silently asked.

You snorted. "Yes mom, I'm almost hibernating I guess."

Pushing your door a little more wider, she responded with a teasing smile on her face. "Jay's here honey, should I just send him here or do you wanna go out?"

Hearing that, you sat up in a flash, eyes wide as you once again took a double glance over to your clock.

"Mom it's already elevenㅡwhat is he doing here?"

Your Mom merely shrugged her shoulders, feigning to not know the reason for it as well.

"I don't know dear." She sighed. "Why don't you meet him in the living room and ask him." She fakes a disapproving look to which you resorted to reply with a grumble, palms rubbing over your face before taking the glasses you owned from the bed side table and wearing it back.

"I will be down in a bit." You shooed your Mom with a hand gesture, watching her close the door behind her before her footsteps started sounding in the hall.

With a huff, you left the comfort of your warm, fluffy bed, leaving the room clad in an oversized hoodieㅡthat Jay originally ownedㅡwith your pajama shorts, feet covered with your white fluffy slippers and a slightly less enthusiastic figure about the fact that you had to leave your room despite your body complaining of wanting to rest.

Whatever Park Jongseong wanted at this time of the night better be important, or you might just lock him up inside the practice room of their house.

━━━━

Jay's reason for coming over was an absolute shit, always and you should've known that.

You closed your eyes, mentally counting one to twenty as you internally made another reminder to yourself, again for the nth time; do not trust that Jay Park's reason for coming over to your house in the middle of the night would be validㅡbecause that's just gonna be a total bullshit, a pure one, and your hope that it's gonna change; never gonna happen.