lee heeseung • the couple and the prankster

The light chatter of your class filled your background as you wrote down things for your quizzes on your notebook.

It was a typical day for you at school. You had your lunch a little while ago and is currently waiting for your first subject in the afternoon to come by. You tried occupying yourself by jotting down notes while most of your classmates sat at the back, playing and chattering like how they usually do.

However, the chatter soon slowly faded with the soft strumming of the guitar, a familiar tune passing by your ears as you temporarily halted from adding more key points for the topic you were writing down for.

As you attentively listened for any next cues of the tune, another familiar voice spoke as he teased the usual guitarist of your classroom formed band.

“Not all of us are in a relationship bro.” Jake tease as he laid an arm over Heeseung’s shoulder with a smile. “But this is cute so please continue.”

Laughing, Heeseung shook his head as his eyes remained focus on the back of your head, temporarily glancing at Jake from his comment before strumming the guitar some more.

“Why, did you got rejected?” Heeseung asks, a genuine question coming from his end that Jake mistakenly took as a comment to tease him back.

The Aussie pouts, crossing his arms over his chest as their other friends also grew curious over the outcome of his pursuit of a girl a year lower than him. But based off on how Jake had gone sulky, the answer was obvious and pretty evident like the sun in a clear blue sky.

Jake got rejected.

Jay's mouth hung open. “Dude seriously!?”

“Does it look like I'm joking?” Jake retorts with an eye-roll. He turns his face to the side, red blossoming on his cheeks, “It’s okay. I told her I'm willing to wait so I'll wait for as long as I can; to prove her that I really really, genuinely like her. I'm going to wait patiently.”

Though face nonchalant, Sunghoon was immensely awed at how much dedication Jake had. It was almost like their Australian friend was prepping for a quiz bee that he wants to win from how he looked; serious, unwavering and determined.

“You should ask Jungwon. Last I heard he's good friends with her.” Sunghoon chimes, leaning against the back of his chair with his left arm hanging off another vacant seat beside him. “Besides, you can always ask Heeseung hyung for relationship help.”

Jay nodded his head, a teasing smile on his lips. “Three years and a half and still counting.” He spoke, earning an eye-roll from the mentioned male friend who was still busy strumming the same tune on his guitar.

Jake turned his head to his older friend, brows knitted and face contemplative. “How’d you two do it?” He asks Heeseung, taking a glance at you before averting his eyes back to face the taller male. “Your guy’s relationship is almost perfect like, you don't even have fights and things like that but if you do, they're always childish fights that doesn't even last long.”

Sunghoon laughs, fervently nodding his head before pointing a finger towards Heeseung. “The next thing we know you're both cuddling and stuff!”

Sparing an unamused glance, Jay spoke, slapping away Sunghoon’s finger who was pointing at his hyung.

“Dude and I thought you're a literature club member?” Jay looks offended for a moment in behalf of Sunghoon. Then he quotes, “‘And stuff?’ Really Sunghoon?”

Before the latter could form a retort, Jake came to his rescue, holding an palm out over Jay's back. “Aren’t you in the Cooking club? Shouldn't you be enunciating ingredient names and instructions on how to cook them?”