sungchul & jimin • lucky one

"Dear, can you please stop pacing back in forth? You're making me dizzy." Your mother complains as she finally watch you sat down on the couch beside her with a huff.

"Mom they're gonna be announcing the winners in exactly fifteen minutes and I don't think I still exactly remember how to be calm." She snorts at your response.

She stood up, trudging down the hallway going to the kitchen. "Just sit down a bit dear, I'll make you some snacks as you wait." She calls over her shoulder before her figure disappears into the kitchen.

After last week's announcement from the official page of I-LAND itself, you couldn't comprehend anything after reading it. Just a blur of you creating a shit ton of emails and twitter accounts, as well as posting your favorite moments of the applicants from the I-LAND cam, hoping to be picked out by the people behind the show.

It was a once in a life time opportunity to spend a day with two of your favorite applicants, and from the thousands and thousandsㅡmillions evenㅡof entries, only thirteen lucky fans are gonna be given the chance to spend some time with them. You couldn't just pass the chance, not when the label themselves felt more benevolent given the opportunity they have set. It was a once in a blue moon kind of thing and you were desperate to be one of those people who hopefully, could win.

Seven minutes till the label sends the notice to the winners, you sat criss-crossed over the soft cushions of the couch, laptop opened and propped over your lap as you scrolled through your twitter account, passing time until the countdown is all over.

A soft clink in front of you temporarily diverted your attention from the gadget, almost knocking it over your lap as you leaned down to take a piece of biscuit from the plate your mom placed on the coffee table. She softly ruffles your hair, sending you a small smile before she once again walks over to the kitchen; probably to cook dinner. On the other hand, you glanced for the time in the corner of your laptop, reading 7:56 pm.

The remaining four minutes felt excruciatingly slow. It made you anxious somehow but that feeling soon bursted into a wave of nervousness and nausea when the clocked had read 8:00.

You shakily typed I-LAND's official twitter account, needing to refresh it a few times for the new post before the notice had soon appeared in front of your screen.

"Greetings to all. The announcement of the winners will be released through private messages and/or emails of the lucky participants. . ." You trailed off, stopping just as a ting sounded off from your gadget.

You had received an email. You nervously clicked on it with shaking fingers before releasing the most ear-splitting scream you had ever done in your whole life.

Good day! This is MNET I-LAND and you are one of the lucky winners chosen to spend a day with two of the I-LANDERSㅡ

You made yet another yell of the century with tears streaming down your cheeks, as your mom worriedly ran towards you, clad in her pink apron and spatula in hand, firing away a dozen of questions and yet you only managed to answer her in a few words, sobbing from the bubbling happiness and disbelief.

"Mom, I'm one of the freaking winners. . ."

"Oh honey, you look so beautiful,"